Proposal

SEVERAL AMAZING MONTHS LATER...

You slip on a knee- legnth, strapless, black dress. You slide your feet into black and gold striped heels. You curl your hair and pull it up. You put in some gold, dangly earrings. You check yourself out in the mirror.

"All I need is a light dusting of makeup and I'm good." You apply a sparse amount of foundation, light tones of eyeshadow, and a bit of mascara. You paint a ruby red on your lips with some sparkly lip gloss. "Perfect."

You sigh, seeing yourself in the mirror. You head into the kitchen, hearing the clop- clop of your heels along the way. You find your bag on the counter, and sling it over your shoulder. You slip your phone into it, just as you hear a knock at the door.

You open the door to reveal Greg, all suited up, clean- shaven, and nervously sending you a lopsided smile. "You look... stunning," he says, looking you up and down. The smile you put on your face a minute ago grows wider.

"You look like Prince Charming," you say, your smile broadening by the second. Greg chuckles nervously. "Well I am, after all, your Prince Charming," he says, holding out a rose. You take the rose and place it in a vase on the table next to you.

He holds out his arm, which you gladly accept. "Where to, oh, handsome Prince?" You ask. "It's a surprise, my stunning Princess," he says. You laugh at this. Greg moves his arm to your waist, and you wrap your arm around his waist.

Greg stops to open the door to a fancy restaurant, just for you. You walk in, Greg trailing behind, and head to the desk at the front.

"What is your reservation under?" Says a shockingly familiar voice, but a face you don't recognise. "Lestrade," Greg says. The server nods and leads the two of you to a secluded area of the restaurant. Greg pulls out your chair for you, you sit in it, and he slides it in. He then moves around to the oppsite side of the table and sits down.

"Greg," you say after the server leaves, "was that Sherlock?" Greg furrows his brows, turns to look at the server, then back at you. He groans. "Yes. And there's John, Mary, and Molly, " he says, pointing to a table on the opposite side of the room.

"Okay then. That's not weird at all," you say, looking to your menu. Greg scratches behind his ear in aggravation. He looks down at his menu and skims the pages. He chooses what he wants, then looks back up to see you watching him.

"Something wrong?" Greg asks. You shake your head. "No, but I'm curious. What could possibly have you so nervous? You're sweating horribly," you say. Greg chuckles nervously. "I'm just hot," he says, cracking a grin. You roll your eyes good-naturedly.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," you say, teasingly. He gives you an expression of mock offense. "So I'm not hot to you?" He asks, placing one hand on his chest and the other on the table. "Mmm, I've seen hotter," you say.

Greg scoffs. "Well, do you love me, at least?" He asks seriously. "Yes, Greg. Of course I love you. Why would I not?" You ask. He shrugs. "Just making sure," he says, leaning back in his chair.

The server comes back to take your orders, but not before dripping subtle hints on their identity. You fight back a smile and hysterical laughter as Sherlock tries to impersonate a French accent.

Finally, you say aloud, "YOU KNOW, I'M SURPRISED THAT SHERLOCK ISN'T HERE SPYING ON US, GREG." Greg gets the hint, and plays along, "YEAH, HE TOLD US THAT HE WAS ALWAYS WATCHING US. I WONDER WHERE HE COULD BE." Greg smirks as the server stops pouring your drinks and sighs.

"You two are obnoxious. It's obvious that I'm right here," Sherlock says, stopping the horrible French accent and fixing his hair back to its curly black mess.

"We know. We were just testing you," you say. Sherlock rolls his eyes and huffs off, getting the actual server, then sitting with Molly, Mary, and John. You look to Greg, amused. "I just love it when Sherlock gets annoyed, " you say. Greg chuckles.

"Sure, if you say so," Greg says, sipping his drink. "So...why such a fancy place? I mean, usually, we take a walk, go to a café, or find fast food, not go to a fancy restaurant," you say.

Greg suddenly pales in the face. He clears his throat awkwardly, then he takes a big gulp of his drink. He sets it down, then reaches into his pocket with a look of pure determination. You look at him with a confused expression written upon your face.

He finally finds what he was searching for, and pulls it out of his pocket. You can feel your heart beat rising. You begin to feel anxious. You have an idea of what's going on, and the thought makes knots form in the pit of your stomach.

Greg slowly moves his chair backwards, and stands. He clears his throat, then moves beside your chair. You turn to face him as he gets down on one knee. Your suspicions are confirmed. He is proposing.

Greg holds out a small mahogany, heart-shaped box. He opens it to a 14k rose gold ring with a heart- shaped diamond. Greg clears his throat once more and looks deep into your (E/C) eyes and begins his speech.

"(F/N) (M/N) (L/N), I love you. You are my entire world. When I first laid eyes on you, I felt a spark. I remember after I brought you home from the hospital, I had gone to my flat and my exact words were, 'I know that (Y/N) is the one.' I have never been so sure of someone before. When after our first fight, I kept relaying your crying face in my mind, I felt so mad at myself for making you heartbroken. I-I I felt that you would no longer want to be with me, and so when I looked to your flat the next morning, I was sure that if I went to explain myself, you wouldn't want to hear it. When I saw you behind Sherlock, you looked like a sheep around a wolf. Knowing that it was me who caused you to feel that way, I instantly wanted to let you know that I was absolutely sorry and I never wanted to see you look as heartbroken as you did. I still never want to see you heartbroken. You are my angel, and I don't want my angel to be heartbroken. I want to prevent that. (Y/N), without you, I am a poor excuse of a man. So, to get to the point, will you, (F/N) (M/N) (L/N), make me the happiest man alive and be my wife?"

Greg wipes a tear fom your face as you nod. He smiles broadly and slips the ring onto its finger. He reaches up and wipes some more tears. He caresses your face, then slowly plants a kiss on your lips.

He pulls away slowly, grinning like an idiot. "Let's pay for the food and take this home," he says. You nod and take his arm as he pays.

The both of you walk out of the restaurant arm in arm and go to your flat. Both of you are grinning like idiots, and giggling like children all the way.