Sherlock, the Relationship Expert

You find your way to your bed, amidst the blur in your vision and the clutter throughout the flat. Tears are still pooling in your eyes. No longer are they caused by Greg, but by self- pity.

You slide under the polka- dotted covers and fall into a deep sleep. At first, you dream of Greg, but then you dream of falling. You dream of falling into a black abyss that never ends. Feeling the sensation of inertia as you fall, you awaken to sunlight streaming in your window.

You get up and peer out the window, only to see dark clouds looming in the distance. You sigh, disappointed with yourself. You reluctantly drag yourself into the kitchen and make some coffee.

"I just asked him what was wrong, and because of that, he blew up," you say, speaking to the hungry pup by your feet, "too, I did prod him about it, but it's nothing that he couldn't have told me, surely."

You pull out he dog food, pouring it into the bowl for the pup. You put the food up.

You sigh and run your hands through the tangled mess you call hair. You stroll over to the window that looks out to the front of the flat. You see Greg coming out of his flat.

He closes his door, turns to your flat and looks it over, then stalks off. You release a sigh. He looks rough. He looks as if he hadn't slept or shaved. His clothes looked thrown on and not ironed.

You feel bad for him, but you look at yourself in a mirror and see that you look about the same.

———————

About an hour later, you sigh once more and head back into the kitchen, where you fill up a mug with coffee and add cream and sugar to it.

As you stir your coffee, your phone receives a text. You pick it up off the counter and read it.

You and George fought last night. I'm assuming that he wouldn't tell you his problem, so you kept asking him to tell you, and he became furious.
-SH

yep.
-(F/I) (L/N)

Gavin didn't sleep at all last night.
-SH

It's Greg and neither did I. Had a nightmare.
-(F/I) (L/N)

You two need to talk.
-SH

Since when did Sherlock Holmes give relationship advice?
-(F/N) (L/N)

Today.
-SH

No shit.
-(F/N) (L/N)

Meet me at Scotland Yard. I need your help with something.
-SH

Okay. Be there in thirty.
-(F/N) (L/N)

You abandon your coffee on the counter and hurry into your bedroom. You slip on some clothes and shoes, put your hair in a quick updo, and brush your teeth.

You dash into your front room and pull on your coat. You ensure that you have your keys in your pocket. You run into the kitchen, grab your phone, stuff it in your pocket, and run out the door.

You hail a cab and tell the cabbie where to go. As you head to the Yard, you text Sherlock.

I lied. Be there in five.
-(F/I) (L/I)

You put your phone up and begin to bounce your leg up and down in anticipation. You look out the window just as the Yard moves into view.

The cabbie stops outside the door. You pay him and head to the door. Sherlock is standing right outside, waiting on you.

"So, how are we going to play this off?" You ask Sherlock. "Well, George has a case for me. You just come in with me. From there, we shall see how this plays out," he says, walking though the front door.

"Freak's here. Oh, he brought that girl we saved awhile back," a brown, tall, curly- haired woman says. She sneers at Sherlock. "So, you two, eh?" She asks, following both of you to Greg's office.

"No, actually. I have a case, Donovan. By the way, it's too bad Anderson's wife found out about his affair with you. Maybe you'll learn something about sleeping with married men, oh, wait, no you won't. You're too stupid," Sherlock says, opening the door to Greg's office.

"Ah, Sherlock, good to see you mate," Greg says, not noticing you behind Sherlock. "I brought someone to assist me in the case," Sherlock says, stepping out of your way.

Greg notices you and stands up, shoving his chair backwards. "Oh my God. Are you and Sherlock..." Greg trails off.

"No. Sherlock's helping me get you back," you say to Greg. Greg moves from behind his desk and stands in front of you. Sherlock exits, dragging Donovan and Anderson with him.

"You thought you lost me?" Greg asks. You nod, and look down to your feet. Tears well up in your eyes. Greg puts his hands on the sides of your face. He wipes the tears running down your cheeks. "I am so sorry that I made you feel that way. I was just angry, you have to understand that," he says, crying as well.

You nod and put your face into his chest. He holds you close, rubbing your back. He places his other hand behind your head.

"You never lost me. I was just allowing stress and anger to cloud my mind and I acted on it. I couldn't sleep all night. I kept seeing your crying face and I felt so...bad about what I said," Greg says.

Greg leans down and places a gentle kiss on your lips. You immediately kiss back. Your lips move in sync. Soon, the kiss escalates and Greg has you pinned against the wall. He has his hands on either side of you. Your hands are all in his hair.

Soon, the clearing of a throat separates the two of you. "Can we go now?" Sherlock asks. Greg runs a hand through his hair. "Yeah, let's go," he says, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Y'know, Sherlock, you actually know a lot about relationships," you say. Sherlock rolls his eyes.

"I just use my brain when it comes to relationships. Also, I watched a few movies," Sherlock says. Greg chuckles and pulls you closer to him.

"You'll never lose me," Greg says into your ear.

"I know, sugar. You're holding on really tight," you say.