HQ

The two fell for only a few seconds, but it seemed like a lifetime. The net at the bottom swallowed them up and then spat them back out into the air. The landed on the net once again, bouncing lightly. Mayanna was laughing, which caused Aurora to laugh.

A woman in all black helped them out, and they watched as others started jumping too. The last one down was Eric. He approached the Amity-born with a scowl. "What's your name, softie?"

"Aurora Prescott." Aurora replied, looking him dead in the eyes. The man was obviously over compensating for something.

"Well Ms. Prescott, you're starting out on the bottom." He turned to Mayanna. "And what's you're name, Stiff?"

 "And what's you're name, Stiff?"

"Maya." The girl muttered.

Eric looked at Aurora and smirked. "Maya, you're starting out on top."

Maya's jaw dropped. Aurora was shocked, speechless even. As soon as Eric left Maya began to apologize profusely. "I'm so sorry Aurora, I didn't know that would happen!"

"It's alright." Aurora said, but she didn't mean it.

Aurora didn't know why she felt so jealous all of a sudden. It was very uncharacteristic of her, she being kind natured and all. Though she could still feel the little green monster gnawing on her brain.

Michael walked towards the two girls, wondering what had just happened and why Eric looked so smug.

"He put Aurora on the bottom..." Maya said meekly.

"And not you?" Michael questioned. "I mean you're the one that dragged her up there in the first place. There has to be at least a little repercussions for your actions. I mean-"

  "Maya's on top." Aurora cut him off before he could keep talking.

"What!" Michael looked back and forth at the two girls. "Who decided that?"

 "Who decided that?"

"Eric." The two said at the same time.

"What a douche." Michael stated plainly. Aurora nodded in agreement, but Maya just kept her mouth shut.

Amar started shouting for everyone to follow him, so they all did. He took them around Headquarters, showing them were they'll be staying and what they'll be doing for training.

"Now here at Dauntless your final job, the thing you'll do for the rest of the time you're here, depends on how well you do in your training. Bottoms are our janitors, tops are our leaders, if you deem fit." Amar clapped his hands together. "But first- before we do anything fun- You'll need to change."

Amar guided them to a room full of black clothing, "Take whatever, but throw your old clothes in here." He gestured to a burning barrel, "You'll get clothes for training before you start."

Aurora changed into a simple black outfit, which consisted of jeans, a t-shirt, and some running shoes. But she kept her necklace on, it was one her grandfather gave her. Some old Dauntless dogtags that he had gotten from his grandfather. He was a Dauntless who transferred to Amity, the rest of the family has stayed Amity since. Aurora was different, maybe the Dauntless blood still flowed through her.

She tucked the tags under her shirt and went to group up with the others who were finished. "Follow me!" Four shouted, leaving the room.

They were lead to a large dining area, a cafeteria. They were given food and told to sit anywhere. Michael stood beside Aurora as they looked for a seat together. Maya was already sat beside someone, but her table was full. Then Aurora spotted it, a few free spaces, but she realized why they were empty. Eric sat at the table, there were a few people sat at his right, but the rest of the table was empty. So, being brace, Aurora strode towards the table and sat her tray right across from Eric's.

"Hello." She said, sitting down and grabbing a napkin from the dispenser on the table. Michael sat down beside her, looking at her as if she was crazy.

"Hello." Eric replied, raising an eyebrow, but he didn't question it and kept eating.

He noticed what was on Aurora's tray, all fruits and vegetables. "You a vegetarian, softie?"

"Yes, we already have limited animal production as it is in Amity. Almost all of us are raised vegetarian, so the meats can go to other factions. Plus I could never harm a pig or a cow, though the Amity butchers do. They're all too cute." Aurora finished her explanation by popping a cherry tomato from her salad into her mouth.

" Aurora finished her explanation by popping a cherry tomato from her salad into her mouth

"Well you better start eating meat, or eggs at least. You'll need the protein." Eric commented, causing Aurora to hold up a peanut butter sandwich.

"Protein." She stated and Eric just rolled his eyes.

The leader, Max, gave a speech to the new initiates which resulted the already Dauntless to cheer and lift up the initiates. Eric, however, remained sitting.

After they ate, the initiates were told it was time for their first training session.

"If you can fight as well as you mouth off, you'll do just fine." Eric smirked at Aurora, patting her shoulder then pushing past her to head to the training room.

"Fight?" Aurora asked Michael, swallowing a lump in her throat.