Capture the Flag

The next day they were told that they were doing a different kind of training. They all piled onto the train, unaware of what they were doing. Amar starting speaking, explaining what the game was and how it worked. Then he pulled out a gun, explaining how it was loaded with stim-darts.

"The stim-darts aren't bullets, but boy do they sure as hell feel like them." Amar chuckled, making Eric and Four smirk.

Someone was going to say something sarcastic, it happened every year and they knew that.

"It can't be that bad," Jackson began, "it's just a-" Suddenly Jackson shot to the floor while holding his leg in pain, the end of a stim-dart poking through the fabric of his pants. "What the hell?"

Eric just shook his head, chuckling. He was the one that shot him.

"We'll split up into two teams, my team" Amar gestured to himself, "and Four and Eric's, team. Since I'm generous I'll let them choose first."

Four and Eric gave each other a look. Aurora knew they were terrible at getting along, she felt sorry for anyone who got stuck with them.

"Aurora." Four said, oh god.

Aurora quietly moved over to where they were standing, Eric pushed a gun in her hand. As Amar was deciding who to choose Eric leaned over to Aurora and whispered, "You know how to use that thing?"

Amar was the one who taught them how to use the guns, so Eric didn't know Aurora's potential. She checked the clip, seeing that the gun was the one he just fired. "Yeah," She said, grabbing an extra clip and putting it in the previous' place. She put the old one in her inside jacket pocket, just in case. "I know how to use it."

Eric raised an eyebrow, holding his hands up as if he was surrendering. "Hey, we're on the same side now."

"Just because we're on the same side doesn't mean I won't punch you again." Aurora gave him a smirk and he shot back a warning glance.

Maya was on the same team as her, Michael and Jackson on Amar's

Maya was on the same team as her, Michael and Jackson on Amar's. Those were the only people she knew anyway. "We're totally going to beat you guys." Michael snickered.

"I would say the opposite," Aurora glanced over to Four and Eric, who were basically murdering each other in their minds. More so Eric than Four, but Aurora could tell that Four was pretty agitated at Amar. "But you're probably right."

"See you later," Michael said, following his team off the train. "I might go easy on you!" He shouted.

"You might, but I won't!" Aurora shouted, smiling.

Michael stuck his tongue out and Aurora did the same, until the train's door closed and they were moving again. The train was slower this time. Aurora notice that Eric was staring at her, he had a hard look on his face, like he was thinking about something. "So we gonna go offense or defense?" Aurora asked, picking up the blue glowing flag and waving it in front of him. Eric snatched it out of her hand.

"Offense."

"Defense."

Four and Eric said at the same time, they turned to glare at each other. Glaring knives from across the car. "How about both? We have half of our team to search and half to defend. Each of you goes or stays with a team."

"That doesn't sound to bad," Four nodded. "We'll go with that."

"For once you've done something right, Aurora."  Eric smirked and walked towards the door of the train car, it was slowing, signifying that it was going to stop soon.

"Do you want to stay on defense with me?" Maya's voice came from nowhere, making Aurora jump slightly. "Sorry, I mean we're both pretty good at shooting, we could hold down the fort together. Figuratively and literally speaking."

Aurora laughed and nodded. She had seen Maya train with a gun, and they were just as good as each other. Maya was only slightly better with timing. "I'd like that."

The train doors opened and the team got out. Aurora knew exactly where they were, the abandoned city just on the outskirts of the factions. She knew that her old home wasn't too far from here, just an hour walk.

"I know where to hide the flag." Aurora said immediately, grabbing the blue fabric from Eric.

"Hey!" Eric yelled before following her.

The entire team followed the brunette as she twisted and turned through the broken city. Then she saw it, the carnival. She knew exactly where she was going now. She went into a comically colorful building, the house of mirrors. It was a one way building, you couldn't enter the exit through the outside, you couldn't even find the exit on the outside. It blended in to the house, it looked like part of the brightly colored walls on the outside.

Aurora was surprised that none of the mirrors had been broken, they were made of some sort of hard plastic instead of glass. She lead the group into the very center of the maze, placing the flag there. You could see the blue glowing flag in every single mirror, perfect.

"This is great, how did you know about this?" Four asked, trying to walk through the house without bumping into a mirror.

"My house is like an hour away. I get bored." Aurora said simply, leading the group back outside.

"Alright," Four said. "I'll stay with offense as we search. You'll see an orange flare in the sky if we find it."

Eric nodded. "I'll stay with defense. Aurora, you and Maya go inside the house and protect the flag. The rest of us will set up spots to cover around here. Alright?"

Aurora nodded, locking arms with Maya.

Four quietly shouted, "Let's go!"