Eight: Family Time

By the time school fell again (which was only a day, seeing it was the weekend), I had a full blown headache due to all the events of yesterday, aka studying my theories until the late hours of the night. I was crazy, I knew it.

"I heard you reading your porn all night, you sounded like you were in agony, where'd you get it from?" Adam asks jumping into the seat next to me, his bowl of cereal wobbles from side to side and a splash of milk and a singular lucky charm escapes the bowl hitting me.

If I didn't have a headache, I wouldn't be agitated, but I do.

"Fuck off Adam," I say, plopping my head into my hands. Maybe I had a migraine, because even the idea of eating my own bowl of cereal made me feel ill.

"What if I died tomorrow?" Adam asks fake choking on his cereal. At that point Brielle had finally finished getting ready after an hour in the bathroom, she laughs at Adams stupidity in the most condescending way possible.

"If you didn't notice everyone in Benjimans year group is dying, so I'd be nice to him if I were you," Brielle flicks me a wink as she snatches the milk from Adam, who is ultimately unphased by every single event this morning as he shovels another tablespoon of food in his gob.

"You're one to say, it's Ben by the way," I moan staring into my cereal. This is what life was like in Creedle, the disappearances, murders, whatever you chose to call it, were so frequent that if you didn't choose to live in fear it was just a slightly morbid, but casual conversation. With my information I'd go to school for sure, but I wouldn't enjoy it. Not to mention it's safer than staying at home alone and I don't trust Faith enough to not talk about Cassie wanting information of the dead.

"Want me to find the birth certificate?" Brielle laughs as she flicks her hair over her shoulder, sweet, sweet family.

Adam nudges me just so I can watch him spit his chewed cereal back into the bowl, purely for the reason of disgusting me.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it," I spare a smile for my brother due to the fact death always kind of scared me. (Being murdered at least).

As much as I spent time always trying to find out who the murderer of our town was, I also spent time with my family and friends, because I was too scared of regret.