Chapter 30

One year passed, Naoki was diligently training and had mastered sage mode or how the sorayomi islanders call it half sage. In the past year she wasn't only training but learning about her kekkei genkai.. she still didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing...

She had spent the whole year on sorayomi together with Itachi, though he went back and forth to report the progression to the Akatsuki leader...

Naoki's and Itachi's bond changed throughout the year... though Naoki had lots of questions about his actions back then, at one point she had realized the truth after spending so much time with him. She guessed that Shisui's case would be the same.

Naoki had yet to discuss this with her brother because getting in contact with him was harder now, he was also constant training. In fact, Naoki already knew that everyone was probably training hard, she even heard some news of a new chunin exam... she really wanted to join them but in her situation, she couldn't even wish for it.

Naoki was inside the house, she waited by the door to welcome Itachi home since he would be back from his report soon.. but it took longer than normal. She didn't worry though, she knew that he was strong... and she didn't know of any kind of disease slowly eating him alive...

Itachi was coming back from his report, but he didn't look pleased.. he looked pretty grim. He was gone for a good three days and he looked like he didn't sleep any of those days...

-If you're wondering how he came back to sorayomi, it's because of a talisman unique to only sorayomi islanders. It can't be made anywhere else. How it works is simple, one transport talisman is a one-way ticket to sorayomi or one-way ticket back to earth.. whichever way you're going-

Back to the Uchiha

He used a transport talisman back to sorayomi, he arrived at the front door... he couldn't stop thinking of the mission he got from the leader... it wasn't that hard of a mission but Naoki was involved... Pein wanted to test Naoki, see if she was loyal to Akatsuki. Pass the test and all will be the same but failing the test could have various kinds of consequences...

Itachi was by no means underestimating Naoki, he knew her and was sure enough that she wouldn't do something stupid or regretful but after hearing what the mission was.. he began to doubt, this test could definitely conflict with Naoki's own nature...

He opened the door to a smiling Naoki

"Welcome home!" She cheered

She was itching to jump the man into a hug but she wasn't sure if it was appropriate, he looked really grim when he walked in and this made Naoki halt her actions. her doubts were quickly blown away when Itachi opened his arms

"I'm home" he said wiping his grim face and replacing it with a gentle smile

Naoki went to him and hugged him, he tightened the hug as if she were to disappear if he hadn't

"Ahem!" Came a cough from Ryu and Yoichi

Naoki was surprised and wanted to separate but Itachi held on even tighter

"just a little longer" he whispered in a very tired tone

Naoki didn't know what happened when he was on earth but she took note of his tiredness and held him tightly in return. She was sure something troubling had happened when Itachi was down on earth.

Naoki frowned and asked "did something happen?"

Itachi wanted to enjoy the warmth of the hug a little longer but didn't, he pulled away and nodded his head

"There is a mission for us, from Pein." he said slightly bitter

--

"So you're saying we're going to join the chunin exam that is taking place soon..." Naoki summarized

"yes."

"and we're going to participate as shinobi from Konoha..."

"yes"

"we're going back to Konoha..."

"yes"

"With Shisui..."

"... yes"

"..."

Naoki was completely dumbfounded, just a little while ago she was dejected of not joining the chunin exams but now that she was going back... she couldn't help but feel uneasy. Itachi had stated that what they will be accomplishing would be told by a messenger midway in the exams, but Naoki had a feeling it wouldn't be anything close to fun... Itachi took notice of the uneasy look on Naoki's face and tried to assure her it would go without worries, Naoki trusted Itachi's words and left the mission in the back of her mind focusing on other matters.

"Can we even go back to Konoha as, you know, us? don't we need to disguise ourselves?" Naoki asked, she had many questions and was planning on asking all of it to ease her nervousness

"Shisui and I will but you don't have to, you're not known as a criminal nor does anyone know you're in Akatsuki. You should be fine the way you are" he calmly answered.

This gave Naoki a bit more reassurance, her genjustu isn't great after all... and compared to an Uchiha it looks like baby play... Itachi and Shisui were phenomenal with genjutsu so she didn't have the need to worry about them

"when are we going?"

"within this week, Shisui has another mission and when he's finished he'll notify us."

"Last question, for now, am I allowed to talk with my family and friends?"

"... yes, but know that Pein will know if you talk about Akatsuki, so be careful of what you decide to say."

Naoki made a heavy sigh but nodded and understood the precautions.

"Anything else?"

"No... but I'm nervous... I wonder how things are there." she replied

he gave a smile and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"It'll be fine even in panic you have Shisui and me to rely on, we're in this together don't forget that.

Naoki look up and felt her heart melt and her thoughts at calm. Just simple words work better than any remedy. Naoki gave Itachi a smile showing she understood and was alright.

Now whats left is to count the days left till departure

----

Next update is a A/n please read it ^^

Hope you enjoyed this chapter

- Panda