Prologe

"Money is the most important thing, rely on it" - my mother says again. And slaps Anthony in the face, my little brother, 2 years younger than me. His face was now red.
My parents, powerful businessmen who ran the biggest trading company "KILOMNIAN" , cold hearted people who only had children to have someone who inherits it, Anthony and me, to be the next leaders.
I grew up thinking that this world was ruled by money and power, that feelings were just momentary, a waste of time. I was completely right, wasn't I?
Since the day I was born I had been like a doll, controlled by her parents with her future plans already arranged, incapable of doing anything.
My brother Anthony, who was 2 years younger than me was like the black sheep of the family, he was always getting in trouble and disobeying the orders that my parents and the servants gave him. He would often get punished, locked in a room, beaten. I was clever enough and tried not to get in trouble.
My father, mother, brother, the servants and me lived in a huge house near the shore of an enormous island, where all the other rich persons lived, Löss. We lived our lives in a style people used to call the victorian era. I really don't know why. The houses, no, mansions where huge, decorated in a victorian style, but with modern facilities. We were dressed up in beautiful dresses and suits and acted as if we were from the royalty, social status was all we would care about. We were at the top, my family.
I was considered to be very intelligent, more than normal. I can easily memorize things, like every hiding spot in the mansion and different ways to sneak out to the garden.
Also... I'm what you can call... special. I was born with something somewhat intriguing, my eyes weren't normal. Huge red/purple-ish eyes which could see better that any other. I could see in the dark, at enormous distances, in short ones too, I could even see a panoramic image. Everybody told me that it wasn't a good thing, that I should hide them.
Everyday I would put my brown contact lenses in the morning and take them at night, before sleeping.
I didn't have any friends, I couldn't go out to play like my brother, they never explained me why.
We all lived near each other, the top families, hired by the royal government. My cousins where the only ones I could see often, I considered them as friends, brothers. Victor and Elizabeth, twins. They where the children of the marriage between my fathers twin brother Edric and a woman called Lydia.
The Woodgate family, our family, held dark secrets, I could feel it.