Chapter 1: What's wrong with Bruce?

Watchtower 11.58 July 30

Bruce Wayne was never a man who you could call ordinary, not only because he is a billioner and a superhero but also because of his abnormal behavior whenever it was Halloween or July 31st. Right now Bruce stood in front of a large window gazing nostalgically at earth.

He looked at the clock, that hanged on the nearby wall '2 minutes left' he thought and turned back to gaze at the planet. He did the same every year, he would just stare through the window and helplessly count down the remaining minutes. Bruce understood that staring through a window wouldn't bring him his friends and family back yet he still did...every single year for the last 12 years...

Bruce sighed ' 12 years...eh? I can't believe it was so long ago...' he went into his inner pocket and took out an old,and quiet peculiar, photo. He smiled bitterly as he gazed down at it and went deep in thoughts, completely unaware of the three heroes that were hiding by the near by door.

"Can you see him?" Whispered Diana

"Give me a sec..." whispered Barry

"Can you remind me what I am doing here?" whispered Clark

"Because J'onn didn't want to" answered Diana "and besides you are the only one of us who has super hearing"

Clark sighed "You know if you want to know what's wrong with him so badly why don't you just go and ask him"

"Because he'll just send me off with the phrase 'My well being is non of your concern', and besides, aren't you at least a little bit curious?" said Diana raising her eye brow slightly at Clark and nudging him with her elbow and saying quietly so only he could hear it "This could be your chance Romeo"

Clark blushed, that's true, he had developed tender feelings toward the vigilante for quiet sometime but the man was so cold towards him that he doubt that he has a chance.

"From where do you know" whispered Clark

"It was obvious" she replied

'I think I'll die of shame' thought Clark was he took a deep breath

"I think he took out something" said Barry

"What is it?" asked Wonder woman

"I can't see it, he is covering it with his back, but it looks like a photo"

"Alright, Clark, it's your turn" said Diana turning back to Clark

"Me?!Why me?!" Whispered Clark (though it mostly reminded a hiss)

"Because you are the only one of us who has x-ray vision" said Diana matter of factly

"Fine..." Clark sighed, he stepped forward and tried to use his x-ray vision to see the photo through the man but just when he was about to do so he was blinded by a bright green light.

Clark hissed in pain

"What is it?" asked Wonder woman

"Kryptonite" he half groaned

"Yikes" said Flash, then he looked at Wonder Woman "what do we do now?"

"Just watch" she replied

And just as the words eacaped her mouth the clock stroke twelve, indicating that it was July 31st already.

The three heroes looked at Batman, who turned away from the window and as he walked out of the room (not noticing the three heroes completely) saying sadly "Happy Birthday Harry..." and disappeared into the hallway.