Chapter 17:Memories

The next day

Harry and Hermione were peacefully sitting together in the Great Hall during breakfast, reading the book on potions to be prepared for Professor Snape's series of questions (that would be mostly directed to Harry). What's strange in this, you ask? Well for your knowledge the teachers were surprised that the school year had just began and Mr. Potter haven't gotten himself into trouble, yet. Not to mention show interest in studying.

"Are they staring?" whispered Harry to Sirius who was sitting under the Gryffindor table's bench.

The dog looked up slightly at the staff table 'Yes,' it grumbled then eyed the headmaster who was looking at them attentively 'be careful the old coot seems to be up to something'

Harry hummed in acknowledgement and not even a second later he felt like something(or rather someone) was trying to go through his mind, but Harry was clever and so he used his powers as a legitiment (s?) to fool Dumbledore into thinking that he passed through his mind. When in reality Harry showed him the alternative knowledge that would be a level of a 7 year old.

'He seems pleased, what did you do?' asked Sirius as he eyed at the headmaster once more

"Showed him what he wanted" he replied

"What did you say?" asked Hermione, who was so caught up with reading that she almost missed that Harry had said something

"I see you two love birds finally found each other" suddenly came an arrogant voice, Malfoy

The two friends looked at each other with an annoyed look. Which meant if one of them wouldn't take the action upon putting Malfoy on his place, then the other would be the one who would hex him. As a result, Harry turned around to face the arrogant git.

"Good morning to you too Malfoy" said Harry calmly, startling the Slytherin "I don't know if you've noticed but we are actually reading here, so please leave us alone" to add the scene a little bit of thrill Bruce/Constellation picked his head out of Harry's robes twinkling with his big blue eyes angrily at the blond.

Malfoy, being the idiot he was, said "Well, Potter, I didn't expect you out of all people to become a gentle little coward like the Longbottom squib" then he glanced at Hermione "Was the mudblood teaching you etiquette so you wouldn't embarrass her?"

Harry closed his eyes and took a deep breath to keep himself from choking this git on the spot "You know what? I would watch my tongue, if I were you"

"Yeah, Potter? And why?"

Harry's eyes twinkled mischievously before saying "Behind you"

Draco, if that was possible, became paler than before as he heard a stern cough. He slowly turned around and saw Professor McGonagall and she didn't seem pleased "10 points away from Slytherin for offending a fellow student"

Draco began to protest but was cut off by another 10 points for contradicting the teacher. When Malfoy stormed out with a huff, Professor McGonagall looked at Harry and Hermione.

"Impressive Mr. Potter," she said pleased "Ms. Granger, professor Flitwik asked me to give you this, you forgot it last class" she took out a book in a rough leather cover and gave it to the confused Hermione.