Chapter 28: Patronus Charm

Guess who came back! Carry on with the reading!

Ballroom

The dulcet music was still resounding through the ballroom mixing with the chattering of the guests and the clanging of the glasses. Between all of this one strange couple was dancing nonstop

"Wow, 'Moine, I didn't know you can dance so well" said Draco

"Why thank you, you don't dance bad yourself" said Hermione, as she patted him slightly on the shoulder

Draco's cheeks turned a rosy shade of pink as he looked away from the girl he was dancing with "I...I perhaps already told you this but I'll say it again...you look truly beautiful in this dress"

Hermione gave him an embarrassed smile as she looked away "Then, I should thank you yet again" she said before she found the courage to look up at him again, noticing that their faces were inches way from each other so much so that they could feel each other's breaths on their lips.

"Yes," sighed Draco as he and Hermione began to lean closer

They were about to kiss but Hermione gave out an embarrassed hiss as she turned away from the kiss "No... sorry, it makes me sick..."

Draco took a relieved breath "Phew, what a relief- friends?"

Hermione gave an eager nod "Friends" as she laid her head on Draco's shoulder

"Oh isn't this just lovely" came a voice from behind them

The two teens turned around and saw the headmaster of their school looking down at them with shimmering eyes.

"Young love..." he sighed

"It's not like that headmaster..." said Draco while Hermione felt completely petrified by the man in front of them

"Must be so, have you seen Mr. Potter?" asked the old man as he looked around "I can't seem to find him anywhere and I sincerely hope that he isn't sitting in his dorm room devouring the knowledge from the textbooks"

"He went to the bathroom" Hermione said quickly as she waved her wand behind her back to make the door to the balcony close gently so that the headmaster wouldn't be able to turn his attention to the girl in a white dress.

"Is that so? Well that's very reassuring my dear, thank you" said the headmaster as he left the two teens alone

"Why did you lie to him?" asked Draco

Hermione sighed "Harry and I didn't have time to tell you about our trip during the summer, have we?"

Meanwhile Sirius and Remus were still twirling around in a dance and despite of the fact that they spoke about all kinds of things it seemed that Remus' thoughts were far away. Not like Sirius noticed that right away since he was still looking around the ballroom to see if the traitorous rat was lurking around. In fact, he noticed that his partner's attention was elsewhere when they almost bumped into a couple dancing beside them. After giving a faint apology the two men redeemed their dance, with Sirius now noticing Remus' preoccupied features.

"Is everything alright?" the stranger asked

"Yes." said Remus immediatly "Why do you ask?"

"You seemed...down" said Sirius for the lack of a better word

"Oh, its nothing" said Remus looking away from the man

"You know, I might not be a master in giving advices but I am a very good listener. Besides, it's not healthy to keep inside something that bothers you"