Chapter 4

*Oscar's POV*
I push the door open slightly as the smell of flowers come rushing to me. I look into the room to see what must be her bedroom. This is a dump. It's got a cold wooden floor, whitewashed dirty walls, a plank of wood on the floor that somewhat represents a bed and, wait is that... blood. There's blood on the walls, floor and on the blanket that's on the bed. This isn't good. I poke my head around the corner to find my mate. Huddled up in the corner sobbing. Probably crying so much she hasn't noticed my scent yet. She has torn pieces of the black dress she had on earlier around her. I couldn't see her face because it was in her hands but all I know right now, is that she needs to leave this place. What have they been doing to her? I suddenly notice her crying stopped, I heard a deep breath being taken and then shock. Her whole body seemed to freeze. Face still covered in hair.

*Lyra's POV*

After the Alpha punched me, I managed to drag myself upstairs to my room. I slowly opened the door, clutching in the doorknob to help me stand up. I closed the door behind me and started crying. I curled up in the corner and sobbed in my knees. I really hope the Alpha doesn't come up today. Why me though? Why'd I get dragged into this mess. Why do I get sold like an object? Why does no one care about me?

As I was crying I suddenly smelt something. The wonderful smell of mint and dark chocolate... 'mate!'. But how?

I look up to see a silhouette of a tall, strong man in my doorway and suddenly I panicked. What if the Alpha sent my own mate to beat me? Or worse?

This causes me to slide back as far back against the wall as possible. He's probably just like all the rest. I turn my back to him and try to silently cry in my knees. I hear a loud footstep behind me which causes me to shake from fear... this cannot be happening... I sobbed even louder now preparing and bracing myself for the hits to come.

*Oscar's POV*
Why is she scared of me? She's my mate... she shouldn't be scared.

The second I take a step closer she curls up into a ball obviously frightened by me. What has she been through? What are they doing to her? I don't know how to comfort her... she needs help... and I'm her mate.

"Please don't be scared of me, I'm not going to hurt you..." I whisper loud enough for her to hear. She turns her head towards me. Her beautiful blue eyes shining from the tears. Her knotty but still beautiful black hair framing her face. She looks like a broken, used toy that needs to be cared and loved for again. She seems so fragile and broken but yet, she's still perfect in my eyes.

"Why a-are y-you h-here" she says shakily between her tears. I take a step closer to her. This seems to set something off as she curls up tightly in a ball again. Protecting herself from... me? I kneel down next to her and whisper, "I'm here to save you, you can trust me. I promise. No one will ever hurt you like this again. You will never come near here again. Please come with me. Let me help you." She uncurls her self and she tries to stand up. As she gets up her legs give way causing her to fall. I quickly throw my arms under her, making sure she never hit the ground. "Thank you" I heard her faintly whisper. "No problem, now lets her out of here"

I carry her out of her room bridal style because she's clearly to weak to walk. She's extremely light for a woman, I can feel her bones through her dress and she has bruises on her face. They look quite pale so maybe they were done a few days ago. I run down the stairs and avoid all people. I head out the door and towards my car. "Home, and quickly" I say to my driver. I sit in the back with my mate lying over the back seats, head resting on my lap. She's sleeping as we reach the drive to my house.

I step out the car and she wakes up while I'm moving

I step out the car and she wakes up while I'm moving. "We're here" I whisper. She must of panicked waking up but suddenly relaxed as she realised what is happening. We step out of the car and head to the staircase leading up to my house. Just as we start walking up it begins to rain. I give her my suit jacket and she wraps it around her shoulders to keep her arms warm. As we get to the top I wipe away the raindrops on her face. As I check my fingers I notice that there is makeup on it. I wipe away more of the rain as we enter the house and look at her. She's obviously still as beautiful but now what I can see are all the bruises covering her perfect face. How dare someone do this to my mate! She realised I was looking at her and she tried to hide her face with her hair. "What are you doing?" I ask in a calm, sweet voice. "I know I'm not beautiful" she whispers back to me, still fear in her voice. "I think your the most beautiful person I've ever seen". I can see a small smile spread across her face. "Really?" She asks in disbelief. "Really" I nodded. "But who did this to you?" I could see her eyes full up with tears... what is her past? I need to know...

------------------------------------------------------
Vote
Comment
Lots of Love
Elinor xox