Chapter 18

Recap:

Oscars POV

"Lyra..." I started.

"I swear, I was looking for you as much as I could but then one night as I got home, I went into our room only to be met with Chantel. Me and her have history. We dated for about a month about three years back but she won't let it go, she broke up with me because I didn't want to loose my virginity to her. Since then she's been wanting to get in my pants but since you've been here, she's backed off. But, instantly after your disappearance, she was back to her old ways. When I got here she must have undressed herself because I found her in my robe on my bed. Instantly, I yelled at her to leave and she grabbed her stuff and ran out of the room like her life depended on it, which, at the time, it probably did. She mustn't have picked everything up as she left. I'm so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you at all. If it makes you feel better, I did burn the robe in case I caught something or other."

"Please come back to bed love" I begged her, finishing my little story.

I looked into her eyes to see them flooded with tears.

"Oscar..."

***

Lyra's POV

"Oscar..." I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just, I can't right now, I'm sorry." I say as I retreat back to the sofa I slept on before.

I know I had no right to be mad or upset, he did nothing wrong. But it hurt. I curled up on the sofa, not bothering to throw the blanket over me or securing the pillow under my head. At this point I'm not bothered. I fall asleep, curled up on a cold sofa, alone.

***

Oscar's POV

I haven't slept. I can't. I've finally got my mate and here I am, in my bed, all alone. Somehow my room felt empty and cold. I feel alone.

I turned over and took my phone off charge to check the time.

6:44 AM

I sighed, knowing there was no way I was going to get any sleep. The guilt drowning out the fatigue. I drag myself out of my bed and walk downstairs. Every step I take down the stairs, my mates scent becomes stronger. The intoxicating scent hypnotises me and somehow, without my knowledge, I'm in the living room. Facing me is the curled body of my mate. There's no way that can be comfortable. The blanket she was using is scrunched near her feet and the pillows awkwardly balancing on the armrest, no where near her head.

I step closer and look at her sleeping form. Her eyebrows knitted together, her nose all scrunched up and a frown on her lips. She's having a nightmare. She starts to get more and more restless, kicking the blanket off the sofa all together. I slowly take a step closer. I scoop my arms under her body and instantly she settles down. I lift her up and carry her upstairs to my room. All the way, I watch her beautiful face slowly relax as her body melts into mine. I finally make it up to my room and place her in my bed. Once I tucked her in, I placed a kiss on her forehead. Knowing that she wouldn't want me here I headed back downstairs.

***

Lyra's POV

I wake up to the warm sun on my face. The silk sheets tightly secured around my body. Wait, what? Silk sheets? I panic and sit up, gasping. This isn't the sofa I fell asleep on. Oscar.

I make my way downstairs, ready to greet the devil. I make my way into the kitchen and nobody's there. I then decide to check out the dinning room, nothing. Eventually I make it to the living room, with a rant fully prepared in my brain for when I bump into him. I stop suddenly in the doorway. There he is. Half of his long frame drapes itself over the sofa with his head and feet hanging over the edges. The pathetic excuse for a blanket would barely pass of as a scarf on him. He moved me upstairs so I could be comfier and came down here because he knew I was still upset at him. How could I be mad at him... he looked like a pure angel as he uncomfortably slept there.

Slowly I make my way out of the room to grab some breakfast. As I was about to leave the room when a husky voice stops me in my tracks.

"Please don't leave me." his broken voice whispered.

"I love you Lyra"

***

THANK YOU ALL FOR 100k READS! AND IM SO SO SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!
-Elinor xox

Comment any spelling mistakes or plot holes in my story, thanks xx