Chapter 19

Recap:

"Please don't leave me." his broken voice whispered.

"I love you Lyra"
******************************
Lyra's POV

I was about to respond to him when a growl tore through the house. Panicking, I quickly look over to Oscar who's instantly on his feet, looking around and mind linking his pack.

"LYRAAA" The voice howled. His voice. Oh god. He's here.

"It's him, it's the Alpha!" I shout at Oscar. If he wasn't furious already, he most definitely was now.

We run outside to see about 40-50 wolves on the front lawn, growling and snarling. In the front, leading them all, there he was. His wolf was slightly bigger than the rest, with drool dripping from his mouth from the snarl and his matted fur sticking upright. He wanted this. He wants a war. And he was going to get one.

I've had enough. I'm not weak. I'm not a sorry excuse for a werewolf. I have Oscar. I have a pack. I am a Luna. And there's nothing he can do to scare me anymore. He's probably expecting me to cower away and hide, letting Oscar and his pack fight alone. He is grossly underestimating me. Although, I'm doubting Oscar will let me be wishing 50 miles of this battlefield once a fight breaks out. I try and stay confident but my mind flashes back to the abuse and torment he put me through. No matter how confident I felt, I can't lie. I am still scared of him. But this time I won't let him get away with this, especially since he's dragging my mate and my pack into this too. My mate, my pack. I finally have hope of a future. And how f*cking dare he threaten to take that all away from me.

He stalks towards me and Oscar growls at him, warning him to stay back. I hear more growling behind me and turn around to see about 50 of the pack warriors behind me. They're protecting me. I know now isn't the ideal time but my heart warms at the idea of having people who care enough to protect me. Most of my life I've had no one, and now I have Oscar and his entire pack.

He charges at me, leaping up to try and snap at my throat. This is all it takes for all hell to break loose. Growls, snarling, shrieking. That's all that can be heard around me. Oscar pushed me behind him back into the house. "Run, Hide!!" He shouted.

I tried to argue but he wasn't having any of it and pushed me further into the house. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and ran back outside, closing the front door behind him. I ran upstairs as fast as I could. From there I ran to a window that faced the front lawn, watching the war raging on beneath me. They shouldn't be fighting over me, I thought. No, I won't let them. I heard slow footsteps creep up the stairs, but maybe I was just hearing things out of fear. I looked out onto the battleground to make sure Oscar and the pack were okay. So far from what I could see none of our pack members were injured and Oscar was fighting the beta I think. Wait. Where is he. I panic, my eyes scour the battlefield and I can't seem to find him. Where is he?

"Hello love, long time no see". I whip my head around to see him in the doorway. I scan the room and realise that is my only way out. The only other door in this room leads to a bathroom. I'm on the third floor too so I wouldn't make it in one piece if I decide to jump out of the window. I'm trapped. He takes slow steps towards me smirking at me, but the anger behind his eyes was unmissable. "Don't think I've forgotten about that little stunt you pulled b*tch". He shouts, reaching forward and grabbing my hair. I'm instantly paralysed. Flashbacks of all the abuse flood my brain instantly. Every insult, punch, slap, cut. He throws me across the room and my head smacks against the wall making my vision blurry and an immense pain overtake my body. Tears blur my vision as I struggle to catch a breath as he punches me in the stomach over and over again.

"Aww, is the little b*tch gonna cry" he mocks. "After that little stunt you pulled the other day, you owe me. I was going to kill you right now but I think I deserved at least a bit of use out of your body first" he snarled at me. No. He can't. I won't let him. I'm stronger than this. For all these years he's been able to abuse me but I won't let him kill me now or else all the pain I went through would be for nothing. I could've had a life, with Oscar, with this pack. No, I will have a life. He thinks I'm weak but I will prove him wrong.

He starts climbing onto me, tearing of my shirt, leaving me in just my bra. I won't let him win. He reaches towards my pants but before he can undo them I lift up my leg and kick him between his legs. He crumbles instantly as I push him so he falls next to me and therefore doesn't crush me. I jump onto two feet. With my new found hope and confidence I kick him in the ribs repeatedly. He tries to curl up into a ball. "The tables have turned you pr*ck, I finally have a life and I won't let you take that from me!" I shout at him. His hand reaches out to grab me. I lift my foot up and slam it down on his hand. The crunching sound followed by his scream of agony could probably be heard for miles.

"It doesn't feel very good does it?" I kick him one last time, aiming for his temple. This causes him to start losing consciousness. His eyes become less focused as him body slumps on the floor. Before he finally passes out, I crouch next to him and whisper in his ear.

"And I learnt those moves from you".

•••
I'm so sorry for the wait, I'm hoping to start writing again!!!
Comment any plot holes or mistakes :)
El