Chapter 7

Worthless... cut
Pathetic... cut
Waste of space... cut
Ugly... cut
Fat... cut
Useless... cut
Broken... cut
Unwanted... cut
Unloved... cut

I felt relieved. Distracting myself with pain. Pain I was now causing myself. That was 9 new cuts to add to my collection...

"Lyra? Are you okay? Open the door!" Oscar begged. I got up, hid the razor, washed my arm, pulled down my sleeve, bandaged the cuts and dried the tears. "I'm coming..." I whispered and opened the bathroom door. "Oh thank god! I was so worried!" He shouted. "Are you still up for swimming?" he asked gently. "Umm... c-can I just w-watch please?" I asked shyly. "Of course you can, but how come you don't want to swim?". "Umm... I will next time? I just feel a little tired" I lied. I felt guilt run through my body as I lied straight to his face and him not being able to tell. "Well, okay then. Come on, let's go meet the others". I nodded as he grabbed my wrist gently as I secretly flinched from the pain of the new cuts already starting to heal. He guided me down stairs and then outside to face this massive pool.

It's beautiful. The way the water is so clean and pure and ripples ever so slightly with the wind. I really wanted to just jump in right here, right now. But obviously I couldn't do that. Ugh! I hate my ugly body! I sat on the edge of the pool and dangled my feet in. I stayed like that for a good few minutes 'till Oscar arrived with four people. I assume they are the beta and beta female, gamma and the gamma female. I froze at the sight of four new people approaching me. I'm scared of people. What if they hate me? What if they scream at me? What if they beat me? What if th- I was cut of by Oscar talking to me, snapping me out of my trance.

"Lyra, this is Nick, Alaina, Bruce and Jazzmine" Oscar pointed out. I stood up and stood slightly behind Oscar. "Hi" I whispered. They wouldn't of even be able to hear it if they were all humans. "Hi there, I'm Nick and this is my mate Alaina" said a man, both in their late twenties. He has short black hair with pale skin while she has shoulder length brown hair with a caramel skin tone. "Hi, I'm Bruce and this is my mate Jazzmine" said the man, everyone here looked around early twenties. He stood tall with shoulder length, brown hair and light skin. She on the other hand had dark skin with beautiful glowing black hair that reached the middle of her back. I'm just saying. I must look like a homeless gorilla compared to everyone else here. Ugh.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a loud splash. I whip my head around to see Nick has thrown Alaina into the pool. Now everyone has burst out laughing as Alaina grabs his ankle and takes him down with her. "If I'm goin down, you're goin down with me. There ain't no choice!" She screamed out loud. I must admit, I do like her. I think this is the first time I've actually smiled in years. But really, this is probably just an act. One I trust them, they'll probably just be like the old pack and reject me, beat me or make me a slave. I know this is just part of their plan. I cannot trust them.

It's been about half an hour and everyone else is busy splashing around and shouting like children. I decided just to sunbathe near the pool. My ghostly pale skin could use some colour considering I haven't been aloud out in years. This feels so soothing and relaxing here. I could stay like this forever.

"Lyra? Are you not hot in black jeans and a sweatshirt?" Oscar asked. "N-no I'm fine, thank you" I said politely back. I really wanted to be in my swimming costume, splashing and swimming or even lying her and resting. Not looking like some sweating buffalo. "Would you like me to find you some shorts and a T-shirt?" He asked me soothingly. I shook my head, "I'm fine, seriously". I'm pretty sure he could tell I was lying but decided against pressing me on the matter. Thank god, I thought as I sighed feeling relieved as he walks away. If only he knew. I'm going to have to tell him one day aren't I? I just need to be able to trust him first. But I will tell him. Soon. I think.

————————————
I'm so so so so sorry for taking soooo long to publish this chapter x thank you so much for all the name suggestions and I'm sorry if I didn't end up using it though x thanks again

Vote
Comment
Thanks x
                 Elinor xox