Chapter 14

Ed Skrein as Him >>^^
——————————————
Those eyes... I recognise them.

I start stirring awake, the pounding headache increasing as I slowly come back to my senses.

This smell... I recognise it.

I toss and turn for a few seconds until I manage to sit up straight, my eyes bolt open as I do so.

This room... I recognise it.

I've only been in here briefly but I know it like the back of my hand.

Now, I know this was my goal all along but now I'm really here, I regret everything. I should've stayed in that hospital. 'Yeah, but you did it for him' Neva says. 'I know, I know' I reply. I'm still stunned as that was the first time she's spoken to me in years, it must be since I found my mate.

Right now I'm terrified. I hate to admit it, but I am. I'm not even in my old room, I'm in the cells. The stinging silver bars moulding themselves around my weak frame, almost as if this were personalised specifically for me. This is where the rouges are kept. The stagnant smell of blood fills my nose making me want to throw up. I look around to notice that there is nothing here, no window, no toilet, not even a bed. Just a large animal cage, just large enough to serve as a container for my body.

No wonder everything aches so much more now. The pain, it's almost unbearable. My whole body, bent in an uncomfortable position with the stinging silver burning away layers of flesh. I attempt shrink into a corner of the cage in a fetal position hoping to keep whatever body heat I have and rest up to save all my energy, I'm going to need it soon.

My thoughts get disturbed by the sound of keys clanging on the bars as someone starts to unlock the cell door. I couldn't see clearly who it was at first, due to the lack of light.

"No..." I whisper quietly to myself.

"What's wrong sweetheart? Miss me?". It was him. The Alpha.

I couldn't stop myself shaking in fear. He smirks as he sees the power he still has over me and starts walking over to me. I try and shrink back, further into the burning bars, praying that somehow I would evaporate into thin air and escape this nightmare. I see it. The knife he was holding. The same one that cause so many paint strokes on his masterpiece. That caused so many scars on my body.

I get dragged out of the cage within seconds. He yanks my up by my collar and pins me to the wall with an evil glint in his eyes. I attempt to wriggle out of his hold, unsuccessfully however. His grip tightens as I now attempt to inhale as much oxygen I possibly can. I start gagging from the inability to breath as I see him raise his other hand towards my face.

"Did you miss me?" He whispers into my ears, saliva propelling everywhere after each word. The smirk on his mouth is a clear reminder of how much he enjoys inflicting pain on my defenceless body.

I feel the coldness before anything. The blade pierces my cheek before being dragged down, painfully slow all the way down to my collarbone. He removes the knife and stares in pride as the crimson paint oozes from the cut. He traces my collarbone with the knife until he reaches the area I would hopefully one day, bare my mark. He brings his face even closer than before.

"No one will ever love you" He sneered before stabbing me painfully where my mark should be. He continues to apply pressure until he is satisfied with the depth the knife was submerged into me.

The blood, flowing down my collarbone, onto the hospital gown drowning it in red. I feel my knees buckle underneath me from the excruciating pain and I collapse to the cold, hard ground. He throws me into the animal cage, and I slam into the silver bars burning the whole length of my back.

I look up to where he stood a few seconds ago to see him smiling at himself. Proud of the permanent damage he has done to my body. He slams the cage door closed and spins on his heel and strolls out merrily. Pleased. Pleased to be disfiguring my body and destroying my life.

Regret? I guess so.

I wonder to myself, what would I be doing right now if I stayed with my mate. I might have been happy and not locked up. Even if I was happy, there's no way he could be, not with a mate like me. I feel as if I'm being drowned in water as I slowly fade into unconsciousness. The last thing I think of is those forest green eyes of hope...

—————————————————-
Long time no see...

Please comment any spelling errors and I'll be sure to edit them!

FOLLOW ME!

VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER

COMMENT AND DONT BE A SILENT READER

Elinor
        xox