Chapter 8

*Oscar's POV*
I can tell she's lying to me. But why? She's beautiful and has the perfect body, why wouldn't she just wear shorts and a t-shirt? I know she was lying when she said she was fine.

Does she not trust me? I don't know...

*Lyra's POV*

I just want to go inside. I can't bear it out here. It's boiling! And everyone else is having fun and I really, really want to join them. Aghhh... I hate myself! *Sigh*

"Hey Lyra, you wanna come inside and get dinner with us?" Oscar asked

"Umm... umm, yeah sure" I said quietly.
Thing is. I don't eat. Well, I don't eat a lot. Back in all the old pack houses I was rarely allowed food. It's fine though, I'll get even fatter than I already am if I eat.

"So what do you want?" He asks pointing at the three different pizzas. "Hope you like pizza" he adds. "I'm not hungry" I whispered. "But you haven't ate anything since we got here". "Yeah but I ate loads right before I came with you" I lied, trying to sound as convincing as possible. Oscar raises an eyebrow and says "Fine, But you're eating snacks later". I nodded slowly. That will have to do.

I sat down on the couch as everyone else started eating. A few minutes later I heard someone shout. "Hey Lyra, you want a cookie?" It was Alaina. "N-no I'm fine, thank y-you" I said. She nodded and carried on eating with everyone else.

After they all finished eating, they decided to join me on the couch and watch a movie. I sat on the end with Oscar next to me, then Nick, Alaina, Jazzmine and then Bryce. We started watching a horror movie. It was about a little girl getting abused. This reminded me so much of my childhood. I didn't even realise I was crying silently until Oscar nudged me. "Lyra? You alright?". I nodded and then said, "I'm tired, can I go to bed please?". "Sure, follow me. Where would you like to sleep? My room or the guest room next to mine? I don't mind" he asked. I slowly pointed towards the guest room and he just nodded and opened the door letting me in.

It was beautiful. It had a gorgeous silky king size bed. It had and enormous window covered by stunning curtains. It had an elegant light hanging from the ceiling and expensive furniture decorating the room. It. Is. Stunning.

"Earth to Lyra! You okay?" I was snapped out of my daydream by Oscar clicking his fingers in front of my face

"Earth to Lyra! You okay?" I was snapped out of my daydream by Oscar clicking his fingers in front of my face. "Me? What? Yeah I'm fine" I replied. Okay well you stay here and I'll bring you up some snacks. "Umm I umm..." he already left before I had time to protest. Ugh, I'm gonna get fat. I sat on the bed waiting for him to come back.

"Okay, here you go. Have whatever you want." He handed me the tray full of all sorts. There was a bowl of sweets, popcorn, cookies, donuts, pastries and chocolate bars. There was a lot. I'm gonna be sick. I'm gonna be fat. I can't do this. "Lyyyra?" He asked. I picked up one of the smarties and ate it. He gave me a questioning look so I picked up a donut and started eating eat. At about half way he was still staring at me so I put my donut down and gave him a questioning/worried look. "Ahh, you want me to leave. I get it. I get uncomfortable when people watch me eat to" he says while chuckling nervously. He gets up and sets off out the room. "Goodnight beautiful" he said before closing the door. The second he left, I jumped off my bed and sprinted to the bathroom. I leaned over the toilet and shoved two fingers down my throat. Throwing up everything that I just ate. After I finished, I got up and slid down the wall, bringing my knees up to my chest and crying. I'm fat. I'm ugly. I'm disgusting. I'm scarred. All these thoughts running through my mind. Why am I alive? I want to be dead. I'd be better off dead. No one would miss me anyway, I'm just a waste of air. I must have been crying for atleast a good half an hour when I decided to drag myself into my feet and climb into bed. I must have cried myself to sleep quite quickly. But I know it won't be long until a nightmare comes and wakes me up like every other night for the past few years. Sleep is my escape.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I appreciate every single view, every single vote, every single comment. I try to reply to each one xx
ALSO! THANK YOU FOR OVER 800 VIEWS!! When I made this, I was expecting maybe like 50-100 views but no... 800+!!! Thank you all so so soooo much xox

Vote
Comment
Follow

Thanks again
               Elinor xox