Chapter 17

Recap:
That's when I saw it, red. Red lace. I picked it up and it was a red lacy bra. Not mine. I heard the door open and I turned, my eyes connected to Oscar's as he looked stunned at what I had just found. Tears burned my eyes as I gathered the courage to ask.

"Why?" I choked up. His eyes guiltily dropped to the floor.

***

"It's not what it looks like" he says.

"No. Don't look at me. I get it, it's my fault for leaving but that doesn't mean you get to go around and hook up with some sluts!" I shout angrily at him.

"No, I swear, I don't know how that got here! I promise I would never, ever even look at a girl like that because I have you, and you are my soulmate." He says in a pleading tone.

"Just leave. Please. I need to be alone." I begged him, tears starting to form like shields on my eyes.

"No, you don't understa-." He started.

"No. Save it. I'll leave then." I say, cutting out conversation short while storming out of ou- his room.

***

I wander aimlessly around the house for hours. While walking towards the living room I look out of the windows. 'Oh, it's already late' I thought. The moon was so bright, giving me a feeling of hope. The way it always manages to outshine everything even in the darkest of places.

I was still in the hospital gown when I reached the living room. Deciding I'd just stay on the sofa for the night, I gathered up the blanket that payed effortlessly across the sofa and wrapped it tightly around myself. It felt almost as if I were receiving a heartfelt hug but here I was, in the cold dark living room on my own, preparing for the nightmares to begin.

***
Alaina's POV (Female Second in Command)

I make my way back to the pack house, it's around 12pm and Nick and I just got back from the movies, well I have, I sent Nick to get me some ice cream because ya gurl needs her ice cream at this time of the month.

I quietly open the door, hoping not to disturb anyone. Silently I tiptoe towards the staircase, sneaking past all the downstairs rooms. As I go past the living room, I notice a figure lying on the sofa. I crept towards them, recognising her as Lyra, Oscars mate by her wild hair tangled around her head. "I wonder what's she doing down here. Oh god, what has Oscar done this time?' I thought to myself.

I silently storm towards his room, knocking brutally on the door. Suddenly I'm face to face with a pretty tired, surprisingly unhappy Alpha.

"What have you done now!" I shouted in a hushed voice, weary of waking anyone up.

"What are you on about?" He questioned, clearly confused.

"Why is your mate sleeping on the sofa downstairs, she just got back from the hospital!?" I question, beginning to get rather mad at him.

"When she got into our room after the hospital, she found some girls underwear in the room. But I swear I have no idea how it got there!" He said back.

"Did y- did you, cheat, on her?". I asked.

"No, I swe-". He started.

"No! How dare you! There is no other way that could've gotten in the room unless you got bored while your soulmate was being tortured!" I yell at him.

"It's not like that, Chantel must have just-" He started.

"Oh so your little slut has a name now does she? I thought you had no idea how it got there!" I spat and ran downstairs to see Lyra.

"Alaina!" He growled and stomped after me.

Suddenly, as I was in the doorway to the living room, I felt a rough grip grab my forearm.

"Stop. Just let me explain." He said.

"No. Don't explain to me, explain to her." I replied, pointing at the now wide awake Lyra sitting on the couch. Her eyes wide at Oscars grip on my arm. I snatch my arm back and sit next to Lyra on the sofa.

The second I sit down on the couch, I'm engulfed in a hug by Lyra, tears dripping down her face at this point.

"Lyra..." He started.

***

Oscars POV

"Lyra..." I started.

"I swear, I was looking for you as much as I could but then one night as I got home, I went into our room only to be met with Chantel. Me and her have history. We dated for about a month about three years back but she won't let it go, she broke up with me because I didn't want to loose my virginity to her. Since then she's been wanting to get in my pants but since you've been here, she's backed off. But, instantly after your disappearance, she was back to her old ways. When I got here she must have undressed herself because I found her in my robe on my bed. Instantly, I yelled at her to leave and she grabbed her stuff and ran out of the room like her life depended on it, which, at the time, it probably did. She mustn't have picked everything up as she left. I'm so, so sorry. I never meant to hurt you at all. If it makes you feel better, I did burn the robe in case I caught something or other."

"Please come back to bed love" I begged her, finishing my little story.

I looked into her eyes to see them flooded with tears.

"Oscar..."

***

Thanks
          Elinor xox
(Message me if you have any questions whatsoever)

Comment any spelling mistakes or plot holes in my story, thanks xx

P.s THANK YOU ALL FOR 80K VIEWS, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!