Chapter 10

*Not my picture* Found on the internet, unknown who the artist is.

Btw, I genuinely am so so sorry for not updating. I was kinda busy since I just had a week off school for the holidays so I was always busy. Comment any mistakes you notice please xx it will help a lot! Xx

Sorry again xx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ended up wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a baggy t-shirt and a black hoodie to cover any scars. I started making my way downstairs when suddenly I realised. I don't know where the kitchen is.

Wait, never mind. I just followed the gorgeous scent of mint and chocolate all the way to what looks like the kitchen.

There he is, leaning against the granite island in his massive kitchen. It's mainly dark brown wood with cream everywhere giving off a clean yet homely feel to the place.

"So what would you like for breakfast?" He asked.

"Umm, umm... I'm not really hungry" I replied. But to be honest my stomach was begging me for food but I know if I'll eat I'll just become fat. Fatter than I already am.

"You have hardly eaten anything since you got here" he said.

"Umm, I ate loads of the food you brought to me yesterday?" I said, more like I was asking a question than stating a fact.

"Firstly, your a really bad liar. Secondly, I took the tray back down this morning, hardly any of the food had gone. Care to explain?"

Shit. He got me. "Umm, I, I" I stared at my shoes not knowing how to answer this. In my old pack I got beat up for eating food. So maybe he's just tricking me and waiting for me to eat the food and then beat me up over it. But now, what if they hit me because I'm not eating. And then I'll get fat if I do eat and th-

My thought were cut off by Oscar asking a question. "Why don't you eat?" He questioned.

"I do" i mumbled quietly. "Come sit next to me" he said, pointing towards the sofa he's now sitting on. I drag my feet and plop down next to him.

He reaches forwards and goes to grab my hands that are on my lap. As he does so, I flinch. "I'm s-sorry" I whisper. "Lyra, why don't you eat. There is no way you are eating enough. You must be a skeleton under that hoody of yours." "No, I- I'm fat and you get hit if you eat" I mumble. Mainly for myself to hear but then I hear a growl come from next to me. Well shit. "Lyra, you are probably severely underweight and where the hell did people get hit if they eat!?" He shouts. I whimper and bring my knees to my chest to protect me from any hits I might get. "N-nowhere" I whimpered quietly. "I'm so, so sorry for scaring you. It just hurts me to see my angel hurt. What gang did this?" He asked gently. "All of them..." I said. "What do you mean, 'all of them?'" Aghh I've said to much. I have to leave. Now.

"I-I need the toilet" I said while sprinting up the stairs. I managed to make it up the first set of stairs but me being the weakling I am didn't stand a chance against a strong, Alpha like Oscar. I looked like a twig that could snap at any moment and yet he looked like a brick wall that even Miley Cyrus on a wrecking ball couldn't smash (sorry, I had too 😂)

"Lyra? Don't run!" Oscar shouted. I'm never going to beat him upstairs. Ugh. I slowly start backing away when suddenly I trip over something and almost fall straight on the floor. But obviously, I had Oscar there to catch me before that happened.

"Lyra, please?" He begged while carrying me bridal style. This time I answer him. Feeling slightly dizzy and nauseous. "All of them I got sold to. You only got food once a week if your lucky... when you make food for everyone else, if you get caught eating any, you will get locked away in the cells and tortured. That's life I guess" instantly after that little speech of mine, I pass out in his arms. Kinda great because now I don't have to worry about him pestering me about what I told him. Wait. I just told him loads. Loads more than he should ever know about me. Why do I fall for his worried face? He's probably just fooling me to get something. That of which I am unsure of.

BEEP • BEEP • BEEP • BE-

Ugh shut up, I say as I roll around in bed. Wait bed? Where the hell am I? Oh god, am I dead? I open my eyes just to instantly be met by white. White walls, white bed sheets, bright white lights... wait. Oh god. Hospital. Probably just the pack hospital but still. Oh my god my cuts. I look down to notice I'm in a hospital gown and my arms and thighs and stomach ar all wrapped up. Oh my god, the doctor! They would've seen them! No! Oscar would know! He will be so disappointed at me. To be honest, I don't blame him. He's probably just going to reject me now and sell me off to the next pack. Well shit. I'm dead. And then I black out instantly again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's a short chapter and that I took so long to update

What did you like about this chapter?

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Thanks again
Elinor xox