Chapter 1: Kageyama's

"NII-CHAN! WE'RE GONNA BE LATE! HURRY UP!"

"WHYYYY! IT'S STILL EARLY!"

"BECAUSE THEN I MIGHT NOT GET INTO HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALLLLLLLLL!!"

It was the first day of school and I wasn't going to miss out just because my brother wanted to sleep in. In fact, I found it rather rude that he would ruin my high school experience just so that he could get a nice slumber.

My parents don't let me walk home alone due to the worry of me getting kidnapped along the way. But really, we live in a small town. As if something terrible could possibly happen to me.

During the summer I had been thinking of what school I wanted to enroll in. Sure, Shiratorizawa would be a good school, and I could easily get in. But then there was Aoba Johsai, which would be awesome to meet "The Great King" Oikawa Tooru. All these powerhouse schools had my mind hurling. That was until my older brother - Kageyama Tobio: 2nd year - suggested that I enrolled into his school.

As cool as Karasuno sounds, and it was a former powerhouse school for volleyball, I didn't want to be in the same school as my brother! All I could recall him saying was:

"I won't be able to protect you at other schools Kami!!"

It was great to have an older brother, but some people just don't understand the struggle.

As I managed to hustle my brother out of his room, I headed downstairs to see our mom making breakfast for the two of us. I felt bad because we wouldn't have enough time to eat it. It takes a 15 minute walk to get to school and school started at 9:30. It was currently 9:17 and there was just not enough time.

"Okaasan" I gently spoke, plucking some food off the table and putting it in my backpack.

"Hm?" She replied with a smile, handing me and my brother our lunches.

"Um. Welllll, you seeeee"

"We won't be eating breakfast. Thanks" Kageyama quickly spoke as he tugged on my arm before running out the door with me. Hearing our mom yell our names as we made it out of the house successfully

"TOBIO, KAGAMI ! YOU TWO ARE DEAD WHEN YOU COME BACK HOM-"

And just like that, our morning was eventful.

_______________________________________

As I made my way into the school courtyard, I heard my name being called from 10 feet away. It caught my attention as I caught sight of 3 girls waving in my direction with smiles on their face. I recognized them instantly.

My three bestfriend from my middle school volleyball team. Eiko, Hana and Misako.

"KAGAMI! OVER HERE!!" They all yelled, causing some people around us to stare in their direction. And as usual, always catching everyone's attention was something these 3 were known for.

I looked up at my brother before he just motioned over to them - in which was a silent way of saying "Go already".

As I walked over to my group of friends I was quickly enveloped into a hug, trying to escape from their grasp as they tightened their squeeze before finally releasing me from that prison cell.

"Sooo, how was your summer Kami-chan" Hana spoke with a smile as the 4 of us were heading towards the main building.

"Umm. It was alright? I played volleyball with my brother a lot so that's nice?" I shrugged my shoulders as Eiko laughed.