Chapter 9.5: "Notice me!!"

"So you're the one who made Tsukishima less annoying...well, I'm Lev!!" The tall grey haired boy smiled as he stuck his arm out, cautiously shaking it as Kei had his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeahhh...he never mentioned you" I spoke as Lev's mouth dropped. Looking offended.

"You never mentioned me?!?!" He whined as Tsukishima shrugged his shoulders.

"Didnt need to" his remark short as Lev fell to the ground in disbelief.

"Oh...Kami-san! What are you doing here? Lev get off the ground" A short male approached as I immediately recognized who it was. Yaku from when we played in that mixed match. He was only an inch shorter than me, and I do admit that he has a baby face, even if he was a third year.

"Yaku-Senpai" I lightly spoke as he shone a smile at me while Lev was still rolling on the ground.

"Visiting Tsukishima?" He winked as Kei turned his face to the side, slipping his arm off me before he walked off and mumbled something about practicing with Yamaguchi.

"Well, no. I actually came to visit my brother. He forgot his volleyball shoes - like always - and I thought I could bring them" I said as Lev was practically pulling on Yaku-chan's foot.

"He's in gym 2 if you're looking for him. AND LEV GET UP OFF THE GROUND OR YOU'RE DOING LAPS!!!" Yaku yelled at Lev who was scrambling to his feet. I chuckled at the pair before walking off. Hearing the two continue to bicker.

"Wow. Yaku-chan is actually scary for someone his height!" Lev laughed as I heard a firm smack before more whining.

"OWW! THAT HURT!"

"This is why he should stop mentioning Yaku-san's height" a few teammates sighed and I could no longer hear Lev complain as I strode my way down a long concrete walkway before heading into Gym two.

Walking into the gym, the boys were in the middle of a match and I didn't want to interrupt. Leaning against the door frame, I just observed my brother set a toss to Hinata as the shorter male immediately jumped up into the air, in which his shirt went up enough to reveal slightly dark purple circles that lined his abdomen.

"What are you watching?" A voice whispered as I felt a light peck on the crook of my neck. Instantly knowing it was Kei as I smiled while I pointed over to the group of boys that were celebrating about gaining another point.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I asked as the pair of arms snakes around my waist, squeezing tightly as a forehead rested on my shoulder.

"I'm tired Kami..." He mumbled as my brother looked over at me as I pulled away from Tsukishima and walked over to the court to hand Kageyama his shoes.

"Idiot. Why do you always forget your shoes?!" I huffed as he stared back at me.

"Did you...just call me. An idiot?" His face loomed as if his soul had been drained out from him as he gave me  a deathful glare. Causing me to cross my arms and pout my lips.

"You were always scared of me Kami" He smirked while patting the top of my head.

"It's not my fault that you're scary! Maybe that's why you never had any friends till high school!" I shot back as Tanaka peered into the conversation.

"OOOOOOH! THE KING HAD BEEN SHOT!" Tanaka laughed as Noya-san joined in. Making me roll my eyes as I walked back to Tsukishima who was leaning against the door.

"Hey. Did you say something before?" I asked as he turned his head.

"I have somewhere to go. See you later" He dully said as I tilted my head. Just moments ago he was full of affection. It was like a flip had switched and he had turned cold. I wonder what caused the trigger