Chapter 15: Finals to Nationals

Watching up from the stands as the Karasuno school cheered for their team was rather thrilling. The crowd was loudly cheering as the two teams - Shiratorizawa - were having a cheer off to see who could cheer the loudest.

I was standing next to Eiko and Tanaka-kun's older sister Saeko. As well as Akiteru who stood on my left as we all intently focused on the game.

I for one got really riled up while watching them compete to go to nationals. Especially since our girls volleyball team had lost the chance to ever make it to finals. In which I locked myself up in my room for the whole day and cried before coming out to support the boys. At least the club team that I was in had a chance of breaking through to finals as we were going to compete tomorrow.

"The ref keeps making bad calls!!" Saeko ne-san shouted as the two males standing beside her told her to simmer down or else it would be shown as bad manners.

"I really hope they win this last set" I spoke while concentrating on where the ball was going.

"Kagami-chan. Did you not make it into finals?" Yachi asked beside me as I looked at her with a disappointed face before shaking my head.

"It was a pretty bad match too. We lost both sets. 19-25 was the first set and the second set was 11-25" I sighed while running my fingers through my hair. Gripping onto the railing as it was now Shiratorizawa's chance ball.

I focused my eyes on the setter with the weirdly cut bangs as he tossed it up to Ushijima who jumped up to spike the ball as his left hand winded back. Seeing Kei and Tanaka jump up to block it as it had slammed against Kei's hand before falling onto the ground as Daichi tried his best to dive for the ball but couldn't reach it in time. Luckily one of the markers proclaimed it as out. But I knew that it was still Shiratorizawa's point judging by the ref's actions

"What's the ref doing?" Yachi and Saeko-chan asked in unison.

"It means that it was overruled. The ball hit the line a little bit meaning it's their point" I said while pointing to the score board as they switched the numbers around.

"Oh. But there's something wrong" Akiteru said as the whole entire Karasuno team crowded around Tsukishima. Trying to peer over the railing to get a better look but unfortunately I couldn't see anything.

"What happened?" Murmurs in the crowd questioned before the team had moved slightly as Kiyoko-san went over to the bench to grab a towel and handed it to Kei.

Red spots lined the white towel as it became pretty clear that he had injured himself as he wrapped it around his hand.

"Crap!!" Saeko-kun yelled as she was about to curse out to Ushijima but was quickly silenced by me as I looked around the mess hall.

"I'll be back. I'm going to check up on Kei" I said while patting Yachi on the back. Heading towards the exit of the 2nd floor and down a flight of stairs. Walking at a normal pace because I didn't want to run since people would look at me weirdly.

I looked around the venue for the infirmary as I went down many hallways before finally finding at the end of the hall. Maybe I should wait a bit after they finish patching him up. I could hear voices on the other side as Kei was telling them to hurry up so that he could be on the court again. In which, They told him to wait for the bleeding to stop before they would tape his finger up so that he could go back on.

"Oh. Kagami-chan" Kiyoko spoke as she exited from the infirmary room only to be startled by me, in which, It left me surprised as well.

"How is it?" I asked.

"Fine. He just jammed his pinkie and got a cut from Ushijima's spike. But hell be okay" she spoke as I gave her a relieved smile.

"You might want to check up on him. Even though he says he's fine I don't think he is" She said with a smile before walking off back to the gym.