Chapter 36

Ryan's POV

"Congrats," I told Tyler.

He was back at school today despite being back really late last night after winning States.

"Thanks," he yawned.

"How come you are school?" I asked.

"I didn't want to miss more and I have a bit to catch up on already," he complained.

I nodded and he looked at me. We were alone in the library since it was before school.

"How are you?" he asked.

"You know, not great but I will be," I said softly.

He grabbed my hand and we sat like that for a while.

"I officially applied for UCLA last night," I told him.

After I talked to Jamie for a while he encouraged me to do so I applied for UCLA last night. It was official that that was where I was going to be going next year.

"That's so cool."

"I'm just really worried about my parents," I admitted.

We then agreed to go around to his house after we studied after school to that we could catch up. There wasn't time now and it wasn't the place to have a serious discussion.

"I can't believe how quickly the end of the year is starting to come now," Tyler admitted.

It was only really two months before the end of the school and we would all be moving on with our lives. The thought scared me and I had been honestly avoiding thinking about it. Tyler and I didn't see much of each other until after school when we all settled in the library, including James.

The basketball season was over now but I knew that both of them would still be working hard to be prepared for next year. Both basketball players had a bit of work to catch up on so we stopped talking and everyone started working.

Since we hadn't spent the last two days in the library I had a bit more work than usual to do but I didn't mind. I got through most of it before Morgan dramatically collapsed on the table, complaining about doing too much work.

"We should all probably head out," Jordan added.

We nodded before all packing up and heading out before the librarians kicked us out. Tyler and I headed out to his house and despite being March it wasn't warm yet and I was glad when we reached his house and could get inside.

Lisa and Penny were in the kitchen and I could hear Lisa talking about her day. Penny smiled at us when she noticed us.

"Dinner is still at least half an hour way," she said.

We both nodded and Tyler pushed me out of the kitchen and into his room. I jumped on the bed and Tyler sat down beside me.

"How was your week?" Tyler asked.

I slowly told him about the conversations that I had had with my family over the week. His grip around me tightened as I talked more. I didn't like talking about it but I wanted to tell Tyler more.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"I'm still not completely sure because I haven't really had the time to think about it," I said.

"I know what you mean."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It just, I was thinking about Rob and all the homophobic comments that he used to make and I never said anything about it because I didn't think that it was that bad," he said.

"That just the society that we live it," I said plainly.

"I know and it's fucking stupid."

Neither of us said anything for a few minutes and I could tell that he was still angry about it but neither of us knew what to say. It is our society and it is especially common in sports locker rooms.

"What are you going to do about your family?" he asked, obviously changing the subject.

"Nothing at the moment. I'm just sick of it and if they want to apologise then they can. I'll probably think more about it before I leave but that's it for now," I said.

He nodded but didn't get a chance to say anything because his Mom called us down to eat. He smiled at me as we walked into the kitchen. Just like time the whole meal was easy and it wasn't like the tense ones that my family had been having recently.

"Tyler mentioned that you are going to go to UCLA next year," Penny said.

"Yeah, I officially accepted my scholarship last night so it is all official now," I smiled.

"Congratulations, that's really awesome for you," she smiled.

I nodded and once we finished I offered to help clean up. She told me to stay seated and that Tyler and Lisa could clean up. I could tell that it was partly because she wanted to talk to me but I wasn't complaining. The two of us then moved into the lounge and settled into more comfortable seats.

"Are you and Tyler going to stay as a couple at UCLA?" she asked.

"We are planning on it but you know," I said vaguely but she clearly understood.

"I'm glad that you and Tyler came together because you are clearly a very good influence," she said.

"He's even better for me than I am for him."

"You weren't here when he told me that he was dating me. He was so worried about it but when he started talking about you he just lit up. He told me about how he helped you and honestly that is amazing."

"I'm not sure if he has told you how much he helps me. He always helps me calm down and is always there to talk to when I need it. You have raised him well," I told her.

She smiled at me and we stopped talking as the siblings appeared in the room, bickering about dishes. Penny had just laughed at them and Tyler was pouting when he sat down beside me.

"Do you want to stay the night again?" he whispered.

After not seeing him for a week I wanted to spend more time with him so I nodded. It made him smile beside me. The rest of the night was relaxing and it was nice to curl up against someone when I went to bed.

I just wished that every night could be like this.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One