Chapter 39

Ryan's POV

I had an early morning class the first day of classes. I knew that it was pretty much going to be learning about the material for the semester but it didn't stop being nervous. Tyler had already left so I had the room to myself.

I quickly ate breakfast before grabbed my books and heading out. There were already a few people in the class and I found a front row seat. I had only been sitting there for a couple more minutes when a guy slide into the seat beside me.

"Hi, I'm Alex," he said.

"Ryan"

"What's your major?" he asked.

"Sports stats," I said.

"Same, that must mean that we will probably share a few classes," he said.

I nodded and he smiled at me again.

"We should help each other because I don't think that there are going to be a lot of people with our major," he said.

I nodded again because he was right. I wasn't sure how many people would be taking the same classes and if we were going to be in the same classes all the time it would be really helpful. We exchanged numbers before our professor came in and started talking.

It was a stats class and I took a couple of notes as he talked about what we were going to be learning. It wasn't anything more than that and soon we were all tumbling out of room. I had a while before my next class and I knew that Tyler was going to be in class.

"Do you want to get something to eat?" Alex asked.

I nodded because I didn't have anything else to do. Alex had been here for a couple of days longer than me so he knew better places to eat so I followed him. As we walked we talked about ourselves.

The place that Alex showed me was really good. As we talked I found that Alex seemed like a really nice guy and it was nice to now know at least one person in my classes now. We couldn't spend a lot of time together because he had to go do something.

Since I still didn't have anything to do I reached for my phone and called Jordan. He had had his first day the before and we hadn't managed to talk yesterday. I moved outside and settled under one of the trees.

Jordan answered immediately and I could hear him smiling on the other.

"Hey, how is your first day?" Jordan asked.

"I've only had one class and it's just talking about what we are going to learn. What about you" I asked.

I then listened to him talk about how interesting his classes seemed to be so far. We talked about what the campuses were like. Jordan seemed to think that his roommate was alright which was good.

In the end we didn't have a lot of time to talk because I realised that I wasn't completely sure where my next class was so I had to figure out where I was going.

I wasn't surprised to see Alex sitting in the front row of this class as well so I headed down to sit beside him.

"Fancy seeing you here," he smirked.

I didn't get a chance to respond because the professor started talking. Like my earlier class it was just talking about the content that was going to be covered so I didn't end up writing much. Half way through my last class I got a text from Tyler telling me he wanted me to meet the team.

It meant that instead of heading back to the dorm I headed towards the gym instead. The team had just started working and even though Tyler had told me I could I wasn't convinced that I could be here.

I couldn't help but grab my notebook out and started to write notes about the players as they worked. Unfortunately I didn't have my laptop with me so I had to do it by hand. It wasn't a particularly long practice but I got a lot of notes.

Once they had all cooled down and finished stretching I climbed out of the stands and joined Tyler. He wrapped a sweaty arm around me before I shoved him away, not wanting to be disgusting as well.

"How was your training?" I asked.

"Good. What about your classes?" he asked.

"Pretty boring. It was pretty much just going over what we are going to learn," I told him.

I glanced up to see the rest of his team watching us out of the corner of their eyes.

"I'm guessing that you wanted to say something," I said.

"Yeah, I thought that I might as well get it over and done with," he shrugged.

I nodded because I didn't really mind. It would be hard for Tyler if it went wrong because he would have to deal with them most days but I think that it is the right decision.

"Guys, this is my boyfriend Ryan," he said, finally introducing me to the team.

It was silent for a second before I got introduced to a bunch of the team. Pretty much all the names flew over my head since there was so many of them.

"Oh, I was going to talk to Coach about something," Tyler said from beside me.

"I'll just sit here until you are ready to leave," I told him.

He nodded and I settled in one of the front row seats. I half watched Tyler talk to his Coach as I continued to write notes about the players. I didn't realised how focused I really was on my notes until someone coughed beside me.

"This is really in depth," Coach said.

"Thanks," I said slightly.

"Tyler said that you knew what you were talking about and you clearly do."

"Thanks," I said again.

"Would you be interested in doing stats for us this season?" he asked.

"What?" I asked, very surprised.

"I was thinking that you could come to the games and even maybe travel with us if it works with you."

"That would be really cool," I smiled.

We then arranged to sort out a few more details before Tyler joined us. He wrapped an arm around me and we headed out of the gym not long later.

"Did you tell Coach about my stats stuff?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I thought that it would be so helpful for us," he said.

I pressed a kiss to his cheek as we walked towards our dorm. We continued to talk about our days as we made it back and then as we cooked dinner. I told him about my new friend Alex and he talked about his own classes and then the basketball teams.

We curled up in bed together because we had decided that we would both rather sleep together than on the opposite sides of the room. As I listened to Tyler talk I found my eyelids get heavy and I drifted off to sleep beside him.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One