Chapter 61

Ryan's POV

I was stretched out on our couch with the TV turned on so that I could watch Tyler play. After his year at UCLA he was drafted by the Bulls. He was now in his sixth season with the team and playing really well.

After finishing my degree the Bulls offered me a job which I gratefully took. It was great to be back living with him again and even it had been three years here it was amazing. Like at UCLA I went to every game and did and similar thing.

Today I wasn't because my back pain was flaring up again and Coach told me that if I came to the game today he was going to strap me to the bed for the next week and it was threat that I took seriously.

So instead for this game I was on the couch with the TV on so that I could still at least watch the game and think about it. The thing that I hated about watching the games live was that I could only see what the cameras showed. I also half wanted to mute the commentators but it was weird watching without sound.

"It is one of the first games in a couple of years that Tyler Matthews is here without his husband," one of the commentators.

"Yes, Ryan Moore works for the Bulls and does statistical analysis," the other said.

"And he comes from a basketball family. All three of his older brothers play in league."

"Imagine what family Christmas must be like."

I tuned out of their conversation, instead I focused on the game in front of me. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing that I remembered was Tyler's hand on my back.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

I nodded before rubbing sleep out of my eyes.

"How was the game?" I asked.

"We won by thirty."

I would reach up and hug him but I didn't want to move yet and possibly hurt my back more. Instead I listened to Tyler move around in the kitchen and I couldn't quite make out what he was making. I closed my eyes again and soon enough he came back.

I slowly sat up and he handed me a plate of toast with mince on it. My back was feeling much better and it barely hurt when I sat up. I then listened to Tyler talk about the game since I had been asleep for most of it.

Despite napping for a quite a while I was still tired and once we finished eating we both headed up to bed. Tyler made sure to wrap an arm around me so that I didn't have to use all my weight. Honestly I thought that he was going to carry me.

When I moved from LA Tyler moved out of his apartment and we moved into a smallish two bedroom house. It was really nice and it was like home now. I loved Chicago and the team was great and had really taken me in as one of the team.

"So, your parents are coming into town tomorrow?" he asked as we crawled into bed.

I hummed from beside him and I was glad to see my parents because I haven't seen them in a couple of months. Despite sleeping earlier I fell asleep quickly and when I woke the next morning Tyler was already up and when I rolled over my back felt much better.

It took me a few minutes to get out of bed and changed before finding Tyler in the kitchen.

"Morning"

"Are you going to come in today?" he asked.

I nodded and we moved around each like we usually did. I move a little slower than normal but we still got to the arena on time. Tyler headed into the locker room and I headed out onto the court to join the coaching staff.

"Are you feeling better?" Coach asked.

"Yeah, how was the game?" I asked.

We spent the rest of the time before the players came out onto the court to start training. All the players came over to me and clapped me on the shoulder and make sure that I was alright. It was nice to know that all the players liked me.

I would often run with the players through their fitness sets but I didn't want to hurt myself more. The players hated me as they did it but they were fitter. I have to admit it was quite a bit of fun to sit on the bench and yell at them and once they were finished they all collapsed on the ground.

The rest of the day was pretty similar to a lot of them and once we finished Tyler headed out to me for the airport.

"I still hate the Chicago traffic," Tyler complained.

I laughed because Tyler hates to drive anywhere and the traffic here was bad no matter when you are driving. I was glad that we had left in plenty of time because by the time we had parked my parents flight had already landed.

It didn't take us long to find them and as soon as we did I was wrapped in a tight hug by my Mom.

"Ryan, it's so good to see you," she smiled.

With my husband and three players all playing in the NBA we were never all in the same place except for a couple of months over summer. Mom and Dad didn't have time to travel to see us all the time so it was a long time between trips.

"Tyler, I see the team has been doing well," Dad added.

I listened to the two of them talk as we drove back out of the airport and funnily enough the traffic hadn't got any better. I relaxed as I drove back home and it didn't seem as bad with my family in the car.

Once we got home Tyler offered to make dinner so that I could stretch my back out and catch up with my parents.

"How is it here?" Mom asked.

"It's really nice. The team is great and it's nice to be living with Tyler again."

As chaotic as our lives were I wouldn't change it for anything and I really love it.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thanks for reading Bounce Back

Comment and Vote

The Wise One