Chapter 8

It's been 5 days, and no one's talking to each other anymore, and it's scaring me.
Scott's at the clinic talking to Theo, I'm at home, Scott doesn't exactly want me with him but he has to watch me and keep me in sight, hearing and scent views.

Scott picked me up and then we headed to school. Scott was in the locker room while I was sitting outside waiting for him to come out. Liam walked out, He walked past me, I whimpered and walked into the locker room to Scott. I climbed onto his back and cuddled into him, He said" Is this full moon reaching you?" I nodded," I'm here, May, I'm not going anywhere."

We were in Scott's class, I was sitting on his lap, Theo was in front of us, Theo turned to us, he said" Hey. I need to talk to you about something."
Scott said" You okay?"
" It's not really about me. But it's something I probably should've told you a long time ago."
" What is it?"
" It's about Stiles."
" Wait... Do you hear that?"
I said" Something's wrong with Corey." Scott looked at me, there were sirens, ambulance.
Theo said" Is that the police?"
Scott said" It's an ambulance."

We got out to where the sound was and Corey was on a gurney, and bleeding black and silver.
Mason said" He just started bleeding everywhere. I don't..."
Corey choked," Don't let them do it. Don't let them kill me!"
Theo said" Scott, we have to follow them. We gotta protect him, right? Scott, come on. Scott? Scott, this is what you do." They walked off, I looked up at Mason,
I said" Come on, Mason, let's go clean your hands." He nodded, following me to the locker room, we got in there and Mason started cleaning the blood off of his hands and arms, while I broke into Liam's locker and found him a shirt. I found him a shirt then took it to him," I've got to go find a pack member, Scott left me, I've gotta go find someone to watch me." Mason nodded, I walked out of the locker room and looked around, there's too many people moving. I whimpered and started walking, I was being pushed around, I whined and then my eyes started glowing. I breathed heavily, then growled, I knocked into someone and fell.
I heard Stiles say" May? Maya. Hey, hey, where's Scott?"
I said" He left me when he went with Theo."
" Here, get up, come'er." He pulled me up then lifted me up into his arms, I tilted my head and moved his shirt and saw a weird mark on his shoulder. He pulled it back down,
" What happened?"
" J-Just an accident. Okay, you remember Donovan, right?" I nodded, looking at him," Well, Donovan was going to try and kill me, but I pulled something and made a lot of beams come down and he died. It was my fault, Scott's not gonna like me anymore, when he finds out."
" B-but, he was gonna kill you, you can't die, you had to protect yourself."
" It won't matter, May, Scott's not gonna like me anymore." I whimpered, and hugged Stiles tightly, he wrapped his arm around me, I whined," It's too close to the super moon for you to be away from your alpha." He let my face tuck into his neck as I inhaled his scent and closed my eyes.

Stiles moved his neck, I whined as he said" Lydia, for the love of God, answer your phone. There's another dead Chimera. So right now is probably not a great time to be alone with Parrish. If he's coming to get the body, you can't get in his way. Lydia, do not get in his way."

Stiles put me in the locker room so I didn't lash out at anyone, then someone came into the locker room. It was Theo and the sheriff, I climbed onto the rafters above and listened, Theo said" Am I going to need a lawyer?"
Sheriff said" You tell me."
" Stiles wasn't there. But Donovan was. He was a Chimera."
" A wendigo. He was looking for Stiles. He was going to kill him. Donovan said that he wanted to kill Stiles in front of you. When he saw me there instead, he tried to get me to tell him where Stiles was."
" What did you tell him?"
" Nothing. So he came at me. I tried to fight him off, but... all I kept thinking was that I can't let him kill me. And I can't let him kill Stiles. I climbed up the scaffolding, but he started to drag me down. Then these support beams, they slid off the top. When I looked back, one of them had gone right through him. I didn't... I didn't know what to do. I dialed 911, but when the deputy got there, the body was gone. Even the blood. Everything was just... it was gone, and I didn't... I didn't know what to do. So I didn't do anything. I'm sorry. I didn't know what else to do. So, I didn't... I didn't do anything."
" Okay, okay." Then he hugged Theo, I covered my mouth, holding back the growl that wanted to come out.
Once the sheriff left, I jumped down and growled at Theo,
I said" You're lying! But Stiles didn't kill Donovan! It's not his fault!"
He chuckled," Stop acting like you're our age, Maya, you're just a little pup who's lost her way." I got angry, and my eyes glowed," See, you're angry and you just want to run to your alpha, like a little pup. Scott won't be your alpha for too long." Then he walked out, what's he mean? Stiles was right! Theo's evil! I need to tell Scott and Stiles and they can fix it, they can make everything right again.

Scott found me, and I tried to explain everything to him but he wasn't listening to me. We got to the clinic, He said" Go inside and wait for me." I walked inside as I heard Stiles' jeep pull up, I know Stiles'll listen to me, he always listens to me.
I sat outside the door, away from Theo, I don't want to be around Theo anymore and if that means I can't be around Scott, then I won't.
I listened in to Scott and Stiles,
Stiles said" You think I had a choice?"
Scott said" There's always a choice."
" Yeah, well, I can't do what you can, Scott. I know you wouldn't have done it. You probably would've just figured something out, right?"
" I'd try."
" Yeah, because you're Scott McCall! You're the true alpha! Guess what? All of us can't be true alphas. Some of us have to make mistakes. Some of us have to get our hands a little bloody sometimes. Some of us are human!"
" So, you had to kill him?"
" Scott, he was going to kill my dad."
" But the way that it happened... there's a point when it's... it's not self-defense anymore!"
" What are you even talking about? I didn't have a choice, Scott! You don't even believe me, do you?"
" I want to."
" Okay, alright, so... so, believe me then. Scott, say you believe me. Say it. Say you believe me."
" Stiles, we can't kill people that we're trying to save."
" Say you believe me."
" We can't kill people! Do you believe that?"
" Well, what do I do about this? What do you want me to do? Okay, just be... Scott, just tell me how to fix this, alright? Please, just tell me, what do you want me to do?"
" Don't worry about Malia or Lydia. We'll find them. Maybe... Maybe you should talk to your dad."
Scott walked in, I looked at him then ran out, straight to Stiles, I collided with him and hugged him. He wrapped an arm around me,
I said" Come on, Stiles, let's go." I grabbed his hand and started walking to the jeep but he didn't move,
He said" Mays, you've gotta stay with Scott, okay? Just stay with him, you'll be safe here."
" But..."
" Stay with Scott."
" Listen to me!"
" What.. what happened?"
" You were right, Theo's bad, Stiles, you've gotta believe me!"
" Maya, go inside and stay here, I'll try and see you later, okay?"
I nodded, whimpering, he kissed my head and then walked to the jeep, I walked inside and sat down in the chair, curling up and falling asleep.