Chapter 16

We were following Parrish, Argent was following him too, Parrish asked us to follow him.
Scott said" He's headed to the school."
Liam said" Why's Parrish headed to the school?"
" It's not Parrish. At least not right now."
" Okay, why's the Hellhound going to the school?"
Stiles said" 'Cause he's got a yearning for higher education. Liam, the hellhound's heading to the school, so we're headed to the school. Okay?" Then he drove faster, I looked at Liam to nodded, Stiles was right.

We got to the school, getting out of the car, Stiles was holding me on his hip, then Liam slammed the door.
Liam whispered" Sorry." We walked away, meeting up with Argent, who was at the end of the walkway.
Scott said" Where's Parrish?"
Argent said" I lost him. He's moving too fast."
Liam said" Scott. That guy's not moving at all." Scott, Liam and Argent started walking towards the guy, Stiles looked at them then followed them, oh, this isn't gonna end well, is it? We followed the walkway and got to a bus, with bodies in it." Look."
A guy said" Help me." We slowly moved towards the bus, then Parrish walked up.
He said" It's a trap."
" Please."
" You can't help him." Then the guy was ripped in half and we saw the Beast.
Stiles said" That's big. No one said it was that big."
Liam said" I did." Then the Beast roared, Parrish roared back, and then they both took off, Parrish chasing after the beast.
Scott said" What the hell's happening?"
Argent said" It's getting smarter."

Scott was with Kira, I was supposed to be with Liam, but he's boring, so I headed to the school earlier than normal. I saw Mason with Corey, I tilted my head then ran over to them, I climbed onto Mason's back.
Mason said" Liam and Hayden saw it at the cell transmission towers. The attack downtown happened right near the radio astronomy observatory. Deaton was attacked by the Beast at an army base which has huge radar arrays."
Corey said" Still not getting it."
I said" What are you talking about?"
Mason said" The Beast always shows up near a transmission source. What if that's how the Dread Doctors are doing it? By broadcasting a high frequency transmission."
" So we should be looking for some sort of transmission?" I saw the news van,
I said" We don't have to look." I turned Corey's face to the news van,
Mason said" The local news always covers the game. There could be two, maybe three vans. All of them transmitting."
Corey said" Are you saying that thing's going to be out there tonight?"
" I'm saying... People are going to die. A lot of people."
I said" I'll go find Liam." I jumped off his back, and raced through the halls to find Liam. Once I found him, I breathed heavily," Call Mason!" Liam looked at me then his phone rang, I made grabby hands and he lifted me up into his arms.

Liam said" Mason said it's not just a transmitted frequency. It's high powered. Like it has to be a really strong signal."
Lydia said" And that's causing it to shift?"
Scott said" No, I don't think it's just that. Last night Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the dread doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?"
Stiles said" With frequencies?"
" No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf."
Lydia said" Like Peter."
" Right. Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal."
Liam said" So the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon."
" They want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible."
" Because of Parrish."
Lydia said" If this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?"
Stiles said" Uh, we've got one clue to go on. This came from the hospital. Whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size 10 of indeterminate make."
" Indeterminate?"
" Means, it's a partial print. Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood and carnage."
Scott said" How many size 10s are out there?"
" Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole."
Liam said" So are we going to try and get the game canceled?"
" No, no, we're going to play, but we're just going to hope really hard that it doesn't turn into a blood soaked massacre."
" Okay, but, um, aren't we kind of missing out on a chance to catch this thing? We don't have the who, but we have the where and the when." We all looked at Scott,
Scott said" There's too many people."
Lydia said" And we still don't actually know if it's going to happen. It just might end up being a regular lacrosse game. It's possible, right?"
Stiles said" That's absolutely possible."
Liam said" So we're still getting the game canceled?"
Scott said" We're getting the game canceled." We walked out, I ran to catch up to them, I caught a scent, I turned around. I followed the scent and it led to an injured Parrish, then I saw Lydia, she nodded to me and I took off after my alpha.

Scott and Stiles went to go get Coach from Rehab, and get him to forfeit the game. I was stuck with Liam, I was chewing on his pencil,
He said" Really, pup?" I nodded my head then continued to chew," Scott really need to take you to Deaton about your teeth." I growled at him, shaking my head," Come on, it's better than a dentist." I scurried under his bed, hiding," You're not going to a dentist, May, I promise." I smiled then crawled out," You little puppy."
I said" I'm a little beta!"
" You're a pup."
" Little beta!"
" I'm a beta."
" You're the runt." He laughed, shaking his head,
" Is everything gonna be okay tonight?"
" Yeah, Scott's got it under control, we'll be fine." I nodded and hugged him, he lifted me up and hugged me, smiling," Always such a devious pup."
" No 'm not."
" Yeah, sure."

Scott, Liam and I were walking to meet up with the pack, Liam looked at the Devenford team. Then all the lights turned on, I looked at Scott and Liam, what's gonna happen?
They got dressed then we met up with the pack,
Scott said" Mason, you know your part?"
Mason said" Corey and I break into the Devenford Bus and search their shoes."
Malia said" I take out the TV vans."
Stiles said" Right before the whistle, Coach forfeits the game."
Liam said" The rest of us are looking for a size 10 with a bloody sole."
Malia said" Just out of curiosity... what if it doesn't work? What if we have to go up against this thing? I mean, I hate to bring up bad memories but Scott's still healing from what Theo did to them. And May is too."
Kira said" No, he's not."
Scott said" She's right." He lifted up his shirt," It happened the night we got Lydia out of Eichen House. I healed. Pup healed. When were all together again, when we were a pack."
Liam said" The Beast doesn't have a pack."
" Not like us. We can do this, Guys. No one dies tonight." We all headed to do our parts.
We were walking to the field, Stiles looked at Scott then to me, I tilted my head.
Stiles said" Are we sure it's safe for her out here, Scott?"
Scott said" Stiles, I might be her alpha, but I'm not her boss."
" Aren't you supposed to be the alpha?"
" Try telling her no, and you'll see what I mean."
" May, go home." I growled then stopped, looking at Stiles," Come on, May, I'm just worried."
I said" I'm staying with pack, Stiles." My eyes glowed then I growled again, he gulped,
" Yeah, you're staying with us." He smiled and ruffled my hair before walking faster.
Scott said" So small, but terrifying." I smiled then held his hand, nuzzling into his scent.
The plan failed! The plan went wrong, this is bad! They were playing the game, then Kira went Kitsuna and was kicked off the field. Scott nodded to Brett's sister and she went after her, I was sitting at the bench, waiting for them. For anything.
Liam was thrown, I growled then bit my lip to stop myself from running to him. Scott went to him instead, and pulled him up, I toned into their conversation.
Liam said" We're getting crushed."
Scott said" It's okay. All we need to do is give the others enough time. Like I said. No one's getting hurt. Except for us." My hearing turned into kira fighting, oh no," Or Kira." I whimpered then stood up," No, pup, stay put. Don't move from that spot." I nodded my head then sat down, breathing out. Scott went to go get Kira, the whistle blew for a time out, I saw Liam and Hayden kiss. I growled then ran to Liam, wrapping my arms around his stomach, growling at Hayden.
I said" My Liam." Liam smiled, rubbing my head,
Hayden said" Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know he was taken. Do you think we could share him?" I smiled, nodding my head,
" My Hayden." I latched onto her stomach,
Liam said" What? Okay, fine. Go sit down, Scott told you not to move." I nodded then let go of Hayden and walked to sit back down on the bench.
Once the game started up again, Liam started being better, and Stiles ran off the field. I looked at Stiles then whimpered but stayed on the bench, listening to my Alpha. Liam was scoring, and then it went into over time, then there was a really loud frequency, I yelped and held my ears tightly. I saw Liam run off, I turned around and saw the Beast, I froze instantly, then Liam jumped into the air to stop it. I squeezed my eyes shut, no, no, no!