Chapter 12

Scott and I walked downstairs, and saw Liam,
Liam said" They're alive. I mean, the Chimeras. Some of them, not all of them."
Scott said" I know." I got bored and walked pass Liam and outside to Stiles who was working on the Jeep.
I said" So... What's that?" I picked up something,
Stiles said" Uh... put it down."
" You don't know what you're doing, huh?"
" I know what I'm doing, Pup."
" No, you don't."
" Yes, I do."
" Your heart skipped a beat."
" Stop listening to my heart."
I laughed, he rolled his eyes sarcastically then went back to work.
Scott walked out, and to us, he held the light,
Stiles said" So what did he want?"
Scott said" To Help."
" You gonna Let him?"
" Eventually, I guess."
" Okay, But shouldn't he be a little higher on your priority list right now? I mean, since he's the only other actual werewolf, your only actual Beta, that's not a 9 year old."
" You didn't see the way that he came at me. You didn't see the look in his eyes."
" Well, I've been with you on a full moon, so I've seen that look. If you want to get the band back together, Scott, you don't leave out the drummer." He cranked the car and it actually came on," Success! Yes!" We got in and Scott put the duffel back into the back, and there were a lot of containers." It's a minor leak. Very minor."
I said" Hey! Where am I gonna sit?"
" Uh..." I pushed some of the containers onto the floor and sat down," You could do that, Pup, yeah, that's good." I smiled, then got back into Scott's lap." You make no sense, Maya."
" I'm Pup! I can do what I want."
" Okay, sarcastic girl."
" I get it from you." Scott smiled and rubbed my head, I laid my head on his arm and closed my eyes.

It's really hot, Scott said" Man, I think the Jeep's overheating again."
Stiles said" Probably."
" Should we pull over and put more antifreeze in it?"
" No, we can just turn the heat on. You find anything yet?"
" They're mostly the same stuff you already knew. Damnatio Memoriae was a Roman practice, a government decree to destroy the images of the damned. And they would scratch off their names from inscriptions, chisel their faces off of statues. The romans believed it was a punishment worse than death."
" Being Forgotten."
" Listen to this. Damnatio Memoriae was later used on a serial killer in 1598x known as the Demon Tailor. He lured children into his shop in Paris where he would kill them and boil the flesh off their bones to eat. Courts believed the crimes so horrible, they ordered all the documents destroyed. To this day, no one knows his real name."
" So, the Dread Doctors resurrected a killer who was so bad that he had to literally be erased from history."
" A killer that became a werewolf."
" Which probably made him a better killer. That's great." He pressed more on the gas and drove faster.

Scott was driving now, I was sitting on Stiles' lap, Scott said" Are you still not talking to Malia?"
Stiles said" Uh, she's not talking to me. Or anyone, I guess."
" I think I know why. I think she found her mother."
" Her mother, as in the Dessert Wolf?"
" Yeah."
" I knew she was still looking. She erased her name off my board, but I just, I knew she hadn't stopped."
" When I was at her house, I'm pretty sure Braeden was there, too."
" Braeden? What, did you catch her scent?"
" Actually, it was her motorcycle. I smelled her exhaust."
" What the hell do you think they're gonna do?"
" Something That Malia doesn't want to tell us about, so probably something bad."
" Oh, my god. You already know, don't you? It's like... it's the chemosignals, right?"
" Aggression."
" How much?"
" I think she's gonna kill her. She's gonna kill her mother." Then the engine was making a weird noise, I whined," What's happening?"
" Um... Yeah, we're out of gas. It's out of gas."
" It says we have half a tank."
" Yeah, not necessarily."
" You didn't fix the gas gauge, did you?"
" Not necessarily." Scott pulled over onto the side road.

We got to a gas station, Stiles walked to the door, He said" Locked." Scott pulled off the chains on the gas thing, I looked at them," You got a $20?" Then he came back over to Scott and they started filling a container with gas, I ran around in the dirt. I tripped and fell into the dirt, rolling till I stopped.
Scott said" Pup, let's go." I jumped up and ran to them, Stiles brushed his fingers through my hair, I laughed and grabbed his wrist. He smiled at me and lifted me up, holding me.

It was night, I was half asleep, nodding off, I heard Stiles say" Hey, Scott. Scott. Take a look at this." I opened my eyes and saw a weird storm, I whined," What the hell do you think's happening to her out there?" He drove faster as Scott just shook his head.
We were out of the Jeep, standing, Scott said" I don't know why I believed him. I don't know why we didn't just keep talking that night. Five more minutes and we would've figured out that there were two different stories. We would've filled in all the blanks. We should've just kept talking."
Stiles said" He knew we wouldn't."
" I didn't want it to happen like this."
" Like What?"
" I knew, sooner or later, one of us was going to get a little too much blood on our hands. I half thought that it was gonna be Malia."
" Well, she definitely seems like she's working on it. Just always thought that if it were to happen, then it should be me. I'm the one who's constantly putting you guys in danger, risking your lives for people you don't even know. It should've been me."
" Come on. We only got a few hours till sunrise. Come on. Let's go." He walked away from Scott and I,
" Hey, Stiles, do you see that? It's Kira." I saw something shiny far away, I looked up at Scott, then rubbed my eyes. Stiles lifted me up and I fell asleep instantly, I'm really sleepy.

I woke up as I was lifted up, I whined, Kira said" Hey, Maya."
I said" Kira!" I hugged her tightly, crawling into her arms and growling at Scott," My Kira!" I nuzzled my face into her neck and closed my eyes again, I heard Scott chuckle, then he rubbed my hair.
I was placed down on my bed and then they walked out, I closed my eyes again and fell asleep. I woke up when I smelt Liam and Mason, I walked downstairs and got into Liam's arms, Mason said" I found out something from Corey. We know what Theo's doing."
Liam said" He's looking for an alpha. A blind alpha."
Scott said" Deucalion."