Chapter 18

Stiles ran inside with me into the clinic, Deaton walked to me,
Stiles said" She's not healing, she's bleeding too much, too fast."
Deaton said" She's scared, she won't let her healing ability function."
" How do we stop her being scared?" I started falling asleep," No, no, hey, stay awake." He bounced me a little bit,
" Giving her a sedative, should calm her nerves, let her healing kick in."
" Then do that." I felt something poke my skin, I growled and went to lunge at whatever." Hey, hey, calm down, you're alright." I felt really calm and loopy, I closed my eyes, nuzzling into Stiles.
" She should be healed by tomorrow, her healing seems to be quick like that. Get her back to Scott, she'll start wanting her Alpha."
" Thanks, a lot." I felt Stiles moving and then the jeep," Okay, May, you're gonna be okay, Scott's gonna be okay too." I opened my eyes and whined, wanting Scott," Shh, we'll be there soon, and you can cuddle to your Alpha all you want." His phone rang, he grabbed it," Yeah, he gave her a sedative, said it'd calm her down so she'd heal, we're headed back now, tell him not to worry. Just, Kira, no, Scott, she's fine, she's nearly asleep right as we speak." Then I heard the phone hang up," You hated us not too long ago, but now you couldn't live without us, May." He rubbed my hair soothingly, I started lulling off to sleep.
I was lifted up, I whined and held onto Stiles, he shushed me gently then carried me somewhere. He knocked on a door lightly, I heard the door open,
Kira whispered" She's okay?"
Stiles whispered" She's gonna be okay, Kira, here take her to Scott." Kira took me into her arms then placed me on the bed. I nuzzled around then found Scott, I curled into his side and fell asleep.

I woke up, feeling Scott move, I opened my eyes and looked at him. He pulled up my shirt and saw that the wounds had healed, he sighed then kissed my head. He nodded to the door and I walked out, going to my room and getting dressed. We walked downstairs together,
Stiles said" My dad's got an APB out."
Kira said" For a 5'8" 16 year old?"
" I recommended nine-foot tall rampaging werewolf."
Liam said" It still might not be him. But Hayden's at the school looking."
Malia said" I can keep checking the woods."
Scott said" My mom can check all the hospitals in the county. We can find him."
Liam said" What happens then?"
" We figure out a way to save him."
Lydia said" Okay. Where else could we look?" I was staring at Corey, he was invisible, I tilted my head,
" Let's ask Corey." Scott pulled Corey out of invisible world, and held him by his shirt.
Corey said" Wait! It's not my fault. They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him..."
" Who?"
" The Dread Doctors." I whimpered then dug my head into Liam's stomach.

We're meeting with Theo and Tracy, I was holding onto Scott,
Liam said" How stupid are we to be doing this?"
I said" Very."
Scott said" We're not stupid. We're desperate."
Liam and I said" How desperate?"
" Incredibly desperate." Scott opened the locker room door and there stood Theo and Tracy. I growled and Liam lifted me into his arms, holding me protectively.
Theo said" I told you we'd end up on the same side."
Liam said" How about I punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?"
" I love this kid."
Tracy said" I don't."
Scott said" We know you're not on our side, Theo. You said you wanted to help Lydia, but you left Eichen with something else, didn't you?"
Theo said" You mean the mask? Are you worried about that?"
" Did you put it on? Who did you see?"
" Not Mason."
Liam said" What's that mean? It's not him?"
Tracy said" It probably means he's a lost cause." I growled and nuzzled my face into Liam's shoulder, trying to calm myself down.
Theo said" We all want the same thing. We want Mason back."
Scott said" Okay, but the difference is that we want him back alive."
" Well, I'm open to compromise. You still got the map with telluric currents on it? Bring it to the operating theater in two hours." We walked out of there,
Liam said" How desperate are we?"
Scott said" Incredibly." We walked away from the door, I looked at them and Liam put me down. I held Scott's hand and walked with them, what are we gonna do?

We met with Theo,
Theo said" They called him Der Soldat. That's German for The Soldier. I'm pretty sure he fought in World War II."
Scott said" And he was a Nazi."
" And an Alpha werewolf. The Dread Doctors were using him to prolong their lives m. They've been doing it for decades. Actually, probably longer."
Liam said" How old are these guys?"
" Who knows. But wherever they go, he goes, too."
" So how do we find them?"
" Keeping him alive requires a pretty unique set of conditions. There's got to be a power source and it has to be underground..."
Scott said" And on a telluric current." Scott gave him the map, Theo opened it and looked at it,
" Looks like we're going on a hike."

It's night, and we're in the middle of nowhere with Theo Raeken... I think I'd feel safer with Stiles at the Sheriff's department.
Scott said" Where is he?"
Theo said" I thought we were looking for him."
" You know who I'm talking about?"
" Deucalion?"
" You shouldn't trust him."
" And you're the one who let him live."
" I'm not a murderer."
" You still think you're gonna get through all this without killing anyone?"
" I didn't say that."
Liam said" We're close."
" You get his scent?" I sniffed the air and caught Mason's scent, Liam nodded,
Theo asked" Which way?" I looked at Scott, Liam did too, Scott then looked at Theo," You think you're going to leave me behind?"
" Liam."
Liam said" Look, he wants to kill him."
Theo said" I just want his power. You want to fight someone that actually wants to kill Mason? Go fight Parrish."
" Who did you see when you put on the mask?"
" I already told you. It wasn't Mason."
" Who was it?"
" I saw a man dying in the snow. He was impaled on a spear."
Scott said" It's called a pike. Lydia told us the story."
" Then both of you know what it means. Time's running out. Where is he, Liam? What direction?" Liam looked at Scott, I gulped,
Liam said" This way." He held my hand as we led them in the correct direction.

We got to where his scent trail led to and it was a shed, Liam went to grab it but Scott stopped him.
Scott said" Listen."
Liam said" It's him." Liam walked in, I followed him, he whispered" Mason?" Then we saw him, I ran to him and looked at him.
" It's connected to him." I looked at the thing connected to Mason's neck, I whimpered.
" What is this thing?"
Theo said" I don't know."
Mason said" Liam, I can feel it. It's in my skull."
Liam said" Don't move."
Scott said" Careful. Pup, go, get to Stiles and Lydia, now." I nodded then ran out, I got onto all fours and ran as fast as I could.
I heard a roar, I looked behind me, my eyes glowed then I crouched down, lowering myself more. We were pretty far in the woods, I wasnt fast enough to get out before something caught up with me. I heard gun firing, that's Argent for sure, I heard fire, that's Parrish, deep breathing... that's The Beast. Oh, I need to get out of here now! I started running again, I couldnt hear the deep breathing, but I heard an unfamiliar heart beat, that must be the Beast... where's Mason? I jumped into a tree and crouched down, holding onto the tree for life.