Chapter 1

Chorus
New Armonia - Armory

"You didn't have to go all out on my new suit." I say to President Kimball while I try to figure out the new functions of my new suit I had on. My old Centurion suit was complete destroyed from the Great War. Each bullet damaged a key function to the point where the suit is useless plus not to mention previous battle scars on the metal plates. So Kimball called in a "favor" from the UNSC and got me a brand new suit.

It's a white Air Assault suit with black trim. Kind of looks like the New Republic armor but super upgraded. We were able to salvage all my enhancements which is good. It's even got the upgraded Thruster pack and an upgraded wristpad.

Basically it's over the top amazing.

"You're a war hero 'laska. Of course, I had to go all out." She insisted. She walks around me, getting a full 360 view. "It looks really good on you. Now time for the helmet." She grabs the matching helmet off the table and hands it to me. I put it on and the new HUD comes up.

"I like the new upgraded software." Beta says impressed.

I smile and tell Kimball, "Well Kimball I have to say: this is really just perfect. Thank you so much."

She nods. "You're old armor will be going into a museum if that's ok with you."

A museum? Kimball is really going all out. "That is absolutely fine with me." I reply.

She smiles, happy that she made a good choice of armor. "Now let's show you off to the crew."

We catch a Warthog to the Docking Bay where the Reds and Blues were preparing for the departure to our new home and retirement. Once they saw the Warthog, they stopped what they were doing and came to greet us.

"President Kimball." Wash greeted. He looks over at me. "I thought you would of switch over to the orange with black trim Tiger."

"Ha ha very funny Wash." I still don't know why he calls me Tiger but whatever, I still love him.

"Now that's a good look on you." Donut says.

"Thanks Donut."

Zander comes up to me. "Can I talk to you for a minute? Alone?" The teen asked.

"Yea sure." We walked away from the crew until we are out of ear-shot. "What's up?"

"Two things. The first thing is about Locus."

I blink in confusion. "Locus? What about him?"

Zander takes a deep breath. "He.. he was like a father to me back during the war: always looking out for me and made sure that I was one of the best mercs in the army. If what the Reds and Blues say is true: that he did turn to the good side, I want to find him and make sure that he is ok."

I processed what he was saying for a minute. "You want to search for Locus.. what about your team?"

"President Kimball needs them here to help rebuilt Chorus." He explained. "Alaska: I get if you don't want me to go after him, but I thought I would just let you know-"

"I don't have anything against it."

"What?" He says in surprise.

"I don't mind you going but you have to tell me how is he doing once you find him." I tell him. He sighs in relief. "Now what was the other thing you wanted to talk about?"

"Follow me." He leads me to the far side of the Docking Bay where Tom, Skylar, and Nicole were waiting. There was a huge curtain behind them hiding something.