Chapter 10

Journal Entry 310

It's been a month of flying through the galaxy. Locus, Zander, and I keep trying to get to Chorus but we keep getting distress signals from civilizations near by and we can't just not stop to help them. But these signals are distracting us from the mission. To save my family.

I really do miss them. I miss hanging out with them, going on crazy mini adventures with them, and just talking to them. I even miss Tucker which is weird because he's really annoying. I miss Wash the most though. I miss being with hi

"Um A.. Wash's and Caboose's tracking beacon shows them moving fast at the edge of our radar."

I quickly closed my digital log and asked, "Are you sure that it was them?"

"There's no one else that we are tracking besides them."

So everyone agreed to put a tracker on Caboose so that in case if he gets lost, we can find him. Caboose didn't complained about it because.. he's Caboose. And then Wash decided that I should have a tracker too but I told him I would get one if he gets one too. But before I left, I had Beta disable the tracker so that he doesn't come after me.

"Pilot the ship towards Wash's beacon." I ordered.

"On it boss."

"Locus, it's Alaska. The Reds and Blues are on the move. I'm sending you the frequency of Caboose's beacon." I commed through the radios.

"Frequency received. I'll send Zander to go follow them."

Zander, in his new Phaeton, responded with "Will do." Before taking off after Caboose's signal.

"I'll do my best to reach Chorus soon and still help victims along the way." Locus says.

"Sounds good. Comm if you need anything."

He responds in agreement and flew off into the direction of Chorus while I flew my Sabre at full speed towards Wash's beacon.

I don't know what you or the team is doing, but I hope that the Blues and Reds aren't apart of this.

***

After a few hours of chasing Wash's beacon, Beta and I found out that they were heading towards a planet that I haven't seen before. As it came into view, it looked just like Earth: Green continents with beaches of the edge and bright blue waters. Which reminded me of someone back in the Project.

"Beta, do some research on this planet. Cross-reference the Freelancer files with the ones we have."

"Cross-reference? Why's that?"

"Illinois mentioned something about seeing an 'Earth Twin' when he was out on a mission once and how he wanted to live there." I replied. "And I feel like this the place."

"Roger that and by the way, you have an incoming transmission from Zander and Locus."

"Patch it through." I ordered. She gives me a nod and puts me through.

"This isn't good." Locus mutters. "They are taking the bait."

Bait?

"Well sir, the Reds and Blues have been through a lot of crazy things. I'm sure they can handle the Blues and Reds." Zander says.

No.. this is the last thing I wanted to happen to them. They found the fake message and they think it's real..

Locus sighs and noticed that I heard what they were saying. "What do you think?"

I bit my lip. They managed this far right? "As long as they have each other, the Blues and Reds don't stand a chance." I replied as confidently as I can.

"A, they landed on the beach." Beta reported, appearing at the controls.

I nod. "Take us down, but use our active camo. We don't want them to think that they were being followed by the actual UNSC."

Beta disappears and starts to pilot the Sabre while I talked to my Team some more about some issues getting to Chorus and watching the Reds and Blues: Zander has to leave the mission due to some Covenant problems on his home planet and Locus needed to refill on supplies and fuel. As much as I wanted Locus to get to Chorus to help Kimball and for Zander to keep an eye on the Reds and Blues, I let them go.

Beta landed Lone Wolf at the bottom on a hill near the beach. I got out and got my weapons out while Beta did a final check on my equipment.

"So you said that they were on the beach?" I ask, polishing my sniper's scope. I walked up to the top of the hill where I can see most of the beach on this island and a shack that I assume is Illinois's.

"That's what the radar says and while you look, I'm going to test your helmet cam."

"Alright." I saw two figures on the beach so I zoom in-

And I immediately felt my heart break into a thousand pieces.

"Oh no.. I'm so sorry A.." Beta whispers, as she sees what I see: David and Carolina holding hands and looking out at the ocean.

I dropped my sniper and plopped down on the ground. I took off my helmet and buried my head in my hands. Should I be surprised that Wash is now with Carolina? I mean he probably has been spending a lot of time around her since I left because she's like him: a Freelancer. And maybe he thinks I'm not loyal to him because I keep leaving.

This is why I shouldn't of mixed business with pleasure. I told myself that at the Project. But I didn't listen to my own advice and now..

I feel like everything is falling apart.

I sighed and slid my helemt back on. I still have a job: to protect my family. Wash and Carolina can do whatever the heck they want. As long as the Reds and Blues are safe. That's all that matters.

I'm a soldier. And that's all I'll ever be to Agent Washington. Nothing else.

"They activated their Freelancer beacons.."

I could barely hear Beta, "What?"

"Wash and Carolina activated their Freelancer beacons!!"

"WHAT?!" I pulled up my wrist Datapad and sure enough, I see two signals sending out an SOS.

"Gosh dammit Wash what are you doing?" I climb back into my invisibile Sabre and take off into the clouds. From there I took off the active camo and went back to the beach. This time, I land a few yards away from them.

"You know what's bad? I actually got all of that in camera.." Beta said.

"Don't delete it. I feel like we're gonna need it later if Wash denies anything if he asks." I replied.

"Roger that. I'll put it in a secure folder for you."

"Thanks." I took a deep breath before I went out to face my "friends".

"Alaska?!" I hear Carolina say as I get out. I can also feel Wash's stare on me, like he hasn't seen me since the Project.

Too bad he did what he did. Because I'm no longer interested in him.