Chapter 6

Harvest
Agent Alaska POV

The Lone Wolf jumped out of Slipspace and the planet of Harvest came into view. From what I heard about this planet was an Agriculture planet, that unfortunately got over-run with Covenant forces and also where an A.I. killed another A.I. here. It's an odd story if you ask me and I'm not sure if we are even supposed to be here.

"Are you sure this planet is where Locus and Zander wanted us to meet them? This planet was glassed by the Covenant years ago." I ask Beta.

"Yep. I checked and doubled check." She replies.

"Ok then.. let's just hope that it's just a meeting place."

Moments later, we land outside a large settlement. I hopped out of the Sabre and glanced at the surprisingly light-green pasture.

"Tell me that I'm delusional or is this really grass and a settlement in front of me?" I said in wonder.

"This is so fascinating!" Beta says. "I haven't consider the fact of this planet being re-terraformed. Especially so quickly.."

I slightly roll my eyes. "Run the numbers all you want, but warn me if there is any danger."

I got to work unloading my ship. I had stopped by a supply station because Zander and Locus told me to get as much food and supplies as possible.  I unload one crate after another and asked myself how did I pack all this in the really small storage compartment of my ship.

All of a sudden, a little red light started to go off right above my HUD.

"Uh.. Beta what does that little red flashing light mean?" I ask alarmed.

"Heat signatures coming our way." Beta replies concerned. "5 o'clock."

I quickly grabbed my sniper and turned in the direction Beta said. I layed down in the grass and used my sniper, only to zoomed in on two fast approaching Scout Warthog.

"Your right about the company," I say, studying the first driver. He wore a different type of Locus armor, similar color scheme to mine, but with a touch of green. His partner in the second Warthog had red recon armor and was following closely behind. Very similar to Zander's. "Think you can do a quick scan on them?"

"Can do." She goes silent for a moment, but then replies. "It's Locus and Zander."

I slowly raised myself up to a knee and lower down my sniper. They roll up to us and get out.

"Alaska." Locus greets me formally.

"Locus." I reply. "I got the things you asked for."

Locus looks over at Zander. "Start loading the crates. I need to brief 'laska on what's going on."

Zander nods and gets to work while I stare at Locus in confusion. "What's going on?"

He sighs. "I'm sure that he told you about the Blues and Reds."

"From what I heard, they attack and steal things from villages, sometimes leaving them with nothing and they blame the UNSC for 'selling' them to the Project."

"Correct and you asked why we asked you for supplies.."

"They attacked here.. didn't they?" I say gloomy.

"Fortunately, we got here in time to stop the Blues and Reds from stealing some of the supplies. After the battle, we counted the rations. The people here weren't going to last much longer with what was left. We knew that you wouldn't turn down a mission, so we contacted you."

"Well, whatever needs to get done, I'll be glad to help." I say. "It's better than having to deal with crystal meth mushrooms and Dinosaurs."

"Crystal meth mushrooms and dinosaurs?"

I roll my eyes slightly. "Don't ask."

Zander walks back to us and reports, "Supplies are loaded. Only problem is that we don't have an actual seat for you to sit on."

"That's fine." I walk over to my Sabre and pressed a button. After a few seconds, a motorcycle rolls out from the back. "I have that covered."

Zander stares at the bike and then at me. "I think I'm going to shut up now.." He hops into his Warthog and starts up the engine. Locus doesn't say anything and walks over to his Warthog. But I know that he's thinking the same thing. They both sped off towards the settlement without looking to see if I was ready.

I quickly got on my motorcycle and chased after them. Of course without a heavy load, I managed to caught up to them fairly easily.

We arrived at the settlement a few minutes later. People start coming out of the buildings, forming a line and cheering. But one by one, they stop and stare at me. Men started to stand in front of the women and children. I hear whispers saying "freelancer" and "equipment." I look around the place and I feel a wave of deja vu come over me.

"Zander, what's the name of this place?" I ask over comms.

"This is Omega Base." He comms back. "Why?"

***

Omega Base
Harvest
Many years ago

"Alaska, how's security looking?" Carolina asks me through comms.

I watched as a Resistance Marine turn the corner and disappear. "You're clear for the next 2 minutes." I reported.

"Ok York, you're up. Is 2 minutes enough time?" She asks my brother.

"That's plenty of time." He responds cockily.

"Actually it's 2 minutes and 25 seconds." Alpha says in my head.

I quickly turn off my mic. "Shut up." I told him before turning it back on again. I can hear him laughing in the back of my head. I roll my eyes and concentrate on watching out for any other soldier.

York was unlocking a door to a warehouse with Carolina, Wyoming, and South. North, Wash, and I were in charge of watching the partols. This is the fifth time we had to come here to get some equipment and it's my first time breaking in with Church.

I turn off my mic again and asked him, "Anything suspicious going on?"

"Not ye-"

"Alpha?" I asked concerned.

"It's a trap." He says rapidly. "They knew that we would be coming for it. The device is in another building 0.5 miles away."

"Crap..." I mutter. I turn on my mic again and tried to send a message to Carolina but all I heard is static.

"North, can you get through to Carolina or anyone in Team Alpha?" I ask. "All I'm hearing static."

"Nothing. I got static on my end too." He reported back. "That's not good."

"Because it's a trap." I reply grimly.

"A trap?" Wash joins into the conversation. "How to you know?"

"I just do." I lied. "It's typical for people to hide their things in a warehouse. So the most typical thing for someone that wants to get their hands on the item is to search a warehouse."

"Good point."

"North, you and Wash try to go help Team Alpha. I'm going to find out where they are keeping the objective." I order as I jumped down from my position and into the alleyways.

"Roger that. Good luck."

Wash then privately opens a new comm between him and me. "Are you sure you're going to be ok?"

I slightly roll my eyes. I know he has feelings for me and he tends to worry about me more than my brother does. But, I'm a soldier. I'm used to doing hard things.

Plus, I can't fall in love due to it because a distraction so sorry dude, you will have to be rejected once again. "I'll be fine Wash. Go help North." I end the call before he could say anything and pulled out my SMGs. "Alright Alpha, tell me where it is?"