Chapter 12

Alaska POV

I see Wash. He's not in his armor but rather in regular clothes. I can see his sandy blonde hair and his electric blue eyes. I always loved it when he was out of his armor. He holds out his hand to me and I reach out to take it, but my hand goes through his. My heart stops. My mind wondering what's happening.

Until I see another hand grab his.

I look to my right and see Carolina. She's out of armor too. She's looking at Wash and he smiles at her and brings her closer to him. I start backing away then turned around and started to run. I wanted to get away from the pain. I didn't want anything to do with him. He caused too much pain.

"Alaska."

I stop running to see my old partner Tex standing in front of me.

"Tex.." I run to her and throw my arms around her. I missed her so much. She's always been there for me when I need help. I could tell her anything, even my darkest secret, and she never tells a soul. My best friend.

She hugs me back but then lets go. "It's time to wake up and get to work."

***

I open my eyes and blinked away the blurriness from my eyes.

"You're awake."

I turn my head to the control panel and see Beta sitting on the dashboard.

"How long was I out?" I yawned and positioned myself correctly at the controls.

"1 day and 6 hours."

30 hours? "Wha- why didn't you wake me up?"

"You needed your sleep." Beta says. "I did my best to make sure that you didn't have many nightmares while you slept but the last one slipped through."

It's nice to have an A.I. that cares. "Thank you Beta. Now: where are we in our situation."

"Not sure. All we know is the Reds and Blues, along with Wash and Carolina, are with the Blues and Reds. Which is pretty bad. And we don't know where they are."

"Yep that's bad."

"Actually.. we may know where they are."

"Huh?"

"Their Freelancer beacons." She says like it's obvious answer.

Wow.. I'm stupid.

"In that case, start tracking them down. I'm going to contact Locus as see where he's at."

Beta dissappears while I called Locus. He answers but there's someone speaking in Spanish in the background.

"I was just about to comm you." Locus says. "Do you recognize this voice?"

His comm goes silent and I sit in my seat, waiting for a voice, but I hear nothing.

"Speak or I'll tear apart your wired brain." Locus says, clearly getting annoyed.

"DIOS MÍO. TENGO MIEDO. ¡NO DEJES QUE ME SEPARA! (Oh my gosh. I'm scared. Don't let him tear me apart!)."

"Wait Lopez?!" What the heck is Lopez doing with Locus?

"¿Alaska? ¿eres tú realmente? (Alaska? Is that really you?)." Lopez asks but I have no idea what he's saying.

"I have no clue what you just said so I'm gonna go with yes." I say, clueless. "Locus what's going on?"

He clears his throat. "I found his head floating in space.."

"Um.. why was his.. uh.. head floating in space??"

"From what this robot is telling me, we were right about the Blues and Reds: they do want revenge on the UNSC. They made some sort of.. machine from the parts they took. Wash and Carolina are trapped somewhere in the base. No sign of where they could be. Two News reporters are tied up in the basement-"

"Hold up: News reporters? What are they doing with them?"

"Querían informar sobre los verdaderos terroristas que no son los rojos y los azules." Lopez speaks.

"He said, 'They wanted to report about the true terrorists that isn't the Reds and Blues.'" Locus translated.

"Huh.. ok then. What about the Reds and Blues?" I ask.

"Unknown." Locus says. "The robot-"

"Lopez." I corrected.

I hear him sigh on his end. He hates me correcting him, which makes me laugh silently.

"Lopez says that he, Tucker, Simmons, and Caboose was running from Sarge and Surge. They trapped themselves in a room, somehow able to by themselves a few minutes to think of a plan. Unfortunately that plan was to take off Lopez's head, attach it to a missile, and shoot it off into space."

"Sound like something they would do." I commented. "Beta, have you gotten their location yet?"

My A.I. appears with three datapads in front of her. "I have a rough location of where they are at but their beacons are barley there. Something much be trying to blocking it, but it's there. And it's about 7 planets away from Chorus."

"At least we have something.." I reply. I check my gas tank for my Sabre. Half of the tank was left and I know I have about 75 gallons left so I should be fine for a few more days.

"Beta, do you have any ideas on how we should conduct this rescue?" Locus asks.

"Assuming that everyone is probably imprisoned in the base, you two would have to split up in order to free them quickly and without being noticed." She says. "Someone freeing the Reds and Blues and the Reporters. And someone to get Wash and Caroline."

"Espera, el naranja gordo todavía está en la luna de Chorus." Lopez says unexpectedly, catching me by surprise.

Chorus? I don't know Spanish but.. "Did Lopez say something about Chorus?" I ask.

"Yes.." My partner says. "Apparently not all of them went on the mission to find Chruch."

"Let me guess.. Grif."

"Yes. Despite his.. laziness, we could use a distraction to draw out the Blues and Reds." Locus points out.

"And with his friends in trouble, he would definitely want to help." I add.

"Then it's settled: I'll meet you at Chorus in a few hours to get Grif. Then to the Blues' and Reds' Base."

"Very well. See you then."

The call ended and Beta says, "The fastest way to get there from our location is by going through Slipspace. Just flying would take days."

"Then Slipspace it is." I say. The only reason why I haven't been able to go through Slipspace is because Zander and Locus couldn't and being in a team increases the chance of survival. But now that I'm alone: I can.

Beta starts doing calculations and prep commands for the jump."Opening Slipspace rupture.."

As if on command, a portal like tunnel appears. Beta gives me a nod and I pilot into Slipspace, which is really dark and I can barely see a thing.

Well, I guess it's now time to get some more sleep.