Chapter 5

Camila's POV

The familiar reek of marijuana is coming from Normani’s room. I don’t know how many contact highs I’ve had in the last four years, but I’m about to have another.  That’s contributed to my size ten ass too.

“Mani, I’m home!” I call out.

My roommate is the daughter of a very successful production company owner and I’m not exactly sure what she’s doing for work these days. Her dad mostly finances her life so she can afford to spend her days lying around the apartment getting stoned and daydreaming her next big venture.

She comes out of her room a second later and asks, “How was your day?”

“I almost fucked Lauren Jauregui in her swimming pool and she has a dick,you were right about that.” I might as well lead with the good stuff.

“You what?!” she screeches. “Why only almost? How in the fuck did you get into a pool with her? And I'm always right.”

“She’s my new boss. I got scooped on that de Castro article and Perez was going to fire me so I said I would get Jauregui. She thought I was there to be her assistant, so I just went with it,” I explain.

“You should’ve fucked her and stole her DNA,” she smiles, wiggling her eyebrows. “You know you’re a crazy bitch, right?”

“For going undercover or because I didn’t fuck her?” I take my heels off and head for my bedroom.

Before I left Lauren’s house she gave me access to her email and a few other accounts I’ll need to be able to access, including a separate bank account I’m supposed to use for the errands I run and anything I buy for her.

“Both,” she says as she leans against my door.

I peel off my top and toss it in the hamper. Normani’s seen me naked before so this is nothing.

“I feel like a jerk for not being straight with her but she’s a private person.” She’s having me sign a confidentiality agreement tomorrow but I’ll figure that out later.

“Is she at least nice? She seems nice.”

“She is nice. She’s as quiet away from cameras as she is in front of them. It’s obvious she hasn’t been in Hollywood long.” I grab a tank top from my dresser and pull it on before taking my bra off.

“Do you think you’ll be able to get into her head? I want to know everything as you– does she have a big Johnson?”

Such a stoner.