Chapter 6

Lauren's POV

I’m up and ready for the day by seven. I told Camila eight so I can have a little me time in the morning. Having a personal assistant is going to fuck with my privacy simply because she’s going to need to know things I wouldn’t generally tell people. Eventually she’s going to have access to my house. She’s linked to the email account I use for work, but not my personal one. That’s not a big deal.

I talked to Larry last night after Camila left. After a stern ‘talking to’ he finally drew up the confidentiality agreement and put her on the payroll. Ultimately, he’s happy I finally went through with getting an assistant, he doesn’t like the way I went about doing it. I gently reminded him I’m a fucking adult and can run my life the way I want to.

As for fucking around with Camila in the pool. She was smart to stop it when she did. If I would’ve fucked her, I probably would’ve wanted to do it again and again. She’s my assistant, not a sex toy. It would be hard to work with her if I knew what she felt like intimately, which I bet is fucking amazing.

I’m in the house because I expect her to be here any minute… Or right now.

When the doorbell rings I make my way out of the kitchen to the door to open it. I contemplated staying naked for about ten minutes just to give her a taste of what it’s like to walk around the Jauregui house, but after yesterday I decided that was a bad idea. I know I would’ve gotten hard the second I imagined her soft skin beneath my hands and lips. So I went with my standard uniform of jeans and sports bra and I left my T-shirt on the back of a kitchen chair to put on before we go anywhere. I mostly have phone meetings and I Work From Home.

“Hi, come on in,” I smile when I open the door for her. I can smell the food she brought with her and I reach out to take the coffee.

“Good morning,” she says cheerfully as she pushes her sunglasses up on top of her head. “That’s a vanilla latte. I don’t know if you like them but we’re about to find out.”

“Thanks. Vanilla lattes are perfect,” I tell her as I turn to walk into the kitchen with Camila right behind me. “I have all your paperwork in the office so we can pay you.”

“Sounds good. I brought you breakfast sandwiches too. Since I wasn’t sure what you liked I got a couple of everything,” she tells me. It’s obvious she’s trying really hard to look me in the eye.

“Sounds good. I’m not real picky about my breakfast food,” I shrug. “Let’s set this down and get the dirty work out of the way.”

“Fine with me.” Camila follows me into the kitchen and puts her bags on the kitchen table before we go onto the office.

When we get to the office I grab her written offer and the agreement along with all of the paperwork for tax purposes and such.

“You’re welcome to have a seat and read through whatever.” I hand her the papers and a pen.