Chapter 20

Camila's POV

I come home to the familiar smells of pot and sex, and as I pass Normani's room I can shear her friend moaning. I keep walking, pulling my suitcases along behind me. My bedroom is the same as I left it. I flip on the lights and close my door behind me.

I kick off my shoes and pull out my phone to text Lauren so she knows I got home okay.

Me: I'm home

God: Good. Thanks :-*

Lauren immediately sends me a picture of herself giving me kissy lips.

Me: You're cute.

God: I am, aren't I?

Me: I'm bored. I should have stayed at your place.

God: Come back. DJ and I are having a couple beers out back.

Me: I just got home. You two can have your date and I'll lay in bed having dirty thoughts about you.

God: But if you come back you can lie in my bed and do dirty things WITH me.

Me: You make a good point. However, I was considering taking pictures of whatever filthy things I do.

God: Mmmm...

God: If you were here you could be bouncing on my dick though.

Me: I can do that here too

I fall back on my bed and immediately get comfy. I've missed my bed.

God: Only if I come there... I've never seen your place.

Me: You can come here. You might get a contact high.

God: I'd do it for you. If you wanted me to... I can always have your bed moved here.

Me: I think it's a little soon to be talking about living together, sweetie.

God: I'm not saying you need to live here. I'm just saying you can keep your bed here.

Me: You're drunk lol

If my bed is there, I'm living there.

I hear Normani's headboard smacking against the wall down the hall and obvious sex noises traveling through the apartment.

Me: Jesus, my roommate is loud when she's getting laid.

God: So are you.

Me: Yeah, and you'll just have to imagine the noises I make tonight :p

God: That's too bad.

Me: Yes it is. I'll let you get back to your bromantic evening.

God: Yes ma'am.

I set my phone aside and get up to take off my dress. I turn on my TV and channel surf until I find something worth watching. About twenty minutes pass before I start to nod off. Not long after that, I'm sound asleep.

***

Fuck. My. Life.

There are photographers everywhere. I know they're not here for me specifically, but they're still here. I pull into a parking space about a half a block away from the place I always go for my pedicures and hope that I can slip by unnoticed. Aside from the airport pickup, Lauren and I haven't been photographed together.

Rumors are circulating, though. Lauren might not check the internet, but I do. Some of the things people come up with are pretty crazy, but the speculation runs from me being her girlfriend to me just being her bimbo-esque beard to halt the gay rumors.