Chapter 16

Lauren's POV

I realized after hearing Camila's side of the story that I'm not angry with her, or at least not as angry as I should be. For starters, she didn't know me. I wouldn't judge her for making the same move on someone else. I also feel confident that as soon as she started to get to know she changed her mind. She's essentially a good person that was a little misguided. She figured it out before she took things too far.

Thing two I figured out... I miss the fuck out of her. I realized after we talked and after I spoke with Clara that I have feelings I didn't think I'd ever have about anyone. That's weird, but I want to see what we can do.

As for Clara. It's going to take a long time to build our relationship back. She told me she left my stepdad five years ago when he drunkenly admitted to molesting his nephew when he was younger. She asked him about me and she said the look on his face said it all. He fucked up in a major way. She knows that and I know she's been beating herself up over it. Part of me feels bad for the guilt she feels, the other part still feels like she deserves it.

Right now, I'm being followed by three guys with industrial paparazzi cameras on my way into the airport to pick up Camila. It's annoying but the nature of the beast.

I'm standing by the baggage claim when I see her walking in my direction. I know she sees me.

I start toward her and when we meet I lean down to kiss her cheek. That's going to be in the papers within the next hour.

"Hey," I smile and take her carry on from her.

"Hi. I have a bag that matches this one." It's hot pink with pale pink hearts on it. It'll be easy to spot.

We figure out which baggage claim we need to go to and I lean against a pole while we wait for the conveyor to start.

"How was your flight?"

"It was alright," she shrugs. "I slept most of the way."

"Lucky," I chuckle. "I don't sleep well on planes."

"I don't normally either but I haven't slept much in the last week."

"I haven't slept too much either," I admit. The conveyor starts but it'll still be a moment before the luggage starts to come out. "So... are you coming back to work for me or..."

"I haven't decided yet," she tells me. "I meant what I said about not being able to go back, Lauren."

"I know. I think a lot has come to light for both of us. I think we can figure something out though. I uh... cut things off with Keana." That was pretty hard on her, but she understood.

"Oh," Camila says. She looks a little surprised.

"Yeah..." I nod.

The bags start coming out and Camila steps forward to collect hers from the carousel. I walk forward with her and as soon as hers comes out I reach out to grab it and pull the handle out. We start walking toward the exit through a slew of paparazzi.

"Fuck, that's annoying," I grumble once we're to my car.

"I could have taken a cab back to my place," she says.

"No, this is fine." I open her door for her after I place her bags in the trunk.

"Thanks." Camila gets into the car and starts to pull her seatbelt on.

I go around to the driver side and get in. We stay pretty quiet for the first few miles until I finally ask, "My house or your house?"

"Mine," she answers.