The Name Game

Percy's POV

Annabeth was six months pregnant and with each passing day, I regretted my decision of not wanting to know the gender of our baby. Why did I agree with her to make it a surprise? I wanted to know so badly, but as frustrated as that decision made me feel, a tiny part inside me was happy I didn't know, the element of surprise is much more exciting than knowing what to expect.

Annabeth looked amazing, she tried her best to exercise any and everyday day she got the chance to. She had some pretty strange cravings that would make me laugh so hard because who wants gummy worms with salad?

Today we were going shopping, it was Saturday and we were ready to clean out Babies R Us with Jason and Piper. Piper offered to help us decorate the nursery in our extra bedroom, Jason and I would paint the walls and help carry the loads of stuff into the room. We decided on a light green paint with animals for the nursery, that way it would work for either a boy or girl.

The baby shower we had last week was great. Paul and my mom gave us a crib, Annabeth's parents had given us a changing table, Hazel and Frank gave us tons of clothes and stuffed animals, Frank also added a toy bow and arrow.

Poseidon gave us some swimsuits, both boy and girl ones cause he didn't know the gender or our baby either along with a blue rocking chair.

Athena gave us both real and fake weapons and lots of books. Jason and Piper on top of helping us, gave us toys and bedsheets.

Leo and Calypso made us a huge, yet very portable stroller.

We had to get a highchair, a bookcase, a mattress for the crib, lots of baby bottles and formula, baby plates, spoons and forks, a playpen, travel crib, a car seat and still lots more toys. Annabeth and Piper went to get the baby accessories while Jason and I went to the hardware store a few stores down to get paint and brushes and wall stickers.

Jason and I bought cartoon animal wall stickers, a soft light green paint and four rollers. We met up with the girls in clothing isle and picked out lots of little shirts, onesies, pants, a few pairs of baby shoes and tons of diapers and wet wipes.

Getting all the stuff into the apartment and into the room, which was extremely challenging. We gave Annabeth the easier chores, she got to carry clothes and toys. Jason and I just about threw our backs out carrying the high chair and the mattress through the house, I think there's a chip on the baby's door frame.

Annabeth and I had put together the crib and changing table over last weekend, well I put it together, Annabeth read the instructions and yelled at me every time I did something wrong. That was fun weekend.

I could tell Annabeth was frustrated because she couldn't help us paint the room. Her movement was limited now, but she and Piper seemed to have no issues ordering us where we should put things around the room. It had been a long day of painting and rearranging the room, but around eight o'clock we finally finished the job. Annabeth and I just had to push the furniture closer to the wall the next day. We opened the windows in the nursery so get rid of the toxic paint smell, we hadn't put any of the clothes or stuffed animals in the room so they wouldn't smell like paint for the next few months.

Jason, Piper, Annabeth, and I all had frozen pizza for dinner and by nine o'clock it was just Annabeth and I sitting at the table, listening to the ocean from outside. I stood up and grabbed a pencil and piece of paper, "what are you doing?" Annabeth asked, snapping out of her daze.

"It's time to play the Jackson baby name game!" I exclaimed in my best game show host voice. Annabeth giggled from the table as I plopped down next to her, I drew two columns, the left side entitled "boy" and the right "girl."

"Any suggestions from the lovely blonde haired girl to my right?" I asked, nudging her.

"For a girl, Penelope, boy Zack."

I wrote them down and suggested Diana and Liam.

Annabeth suggested Silena, Charlie, Marie, Zoe, and Peter. Then I suggested one name that made our game show atmosphere dead silent. "What about Luke?"

The joy and laughter in Annabeth's grey eyes disappeared in an instant. "Uh, I guess it's ok, you can write that down."

"I mean if you don't like it then I won't write it down, I just thought you'd like the name because you have a personal connection to him. I know he did both good and bad in his life but I think we should honor him for the good and taking you in as a kid. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't be here." I told her, reaching for her hand.

Annabeth smiled a warm smile over towards the kitchen like she could see Luke standing there watching us. "Yeah, I like it. Luke it is, how about Luke Perseus Jackson." Annabeth suggested. Leaning her head on my shoulder.

"You want our baby's middle name to be mine?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Yeah, I mean, Perseus was a great Greek warrior and you've carried on the legacy of that name. And I think it's only right to hive him a name of honor because after all, Luke always wanted to be a hero, and to help people. That's what I want our baby and any more kids we decide to have be like. Just like us, don't you agree?"

"Yeah, I think that's a great idea. Luke Perseus Jackson, it's got a nice ring to it. How about Zoe Thalia Jackson, after your best friend." I suggested.

"I love it, Luke for a boy and Zoe for a girl, I think we have our names." Annabeth sighed happily as she gave me a quick kiss on my lips.

"Luke and Zoe, both heros who deserved so much better." I sighed, wrapping my arm around my wife pulling her closer.

"But they'll get better in a new life." Annabeth yawned, snuggling into my shoulder.

"You're right," I yawned too. "Goodnight Annabeth." I whispered, taking in the smell of her lemon scented blonde hair.

A/N: what do you think? Luke Perseus and Zoe Thalia Jackson, they've got good rings to their names.