It's a...

Annabeth's POV

It's April 15th, I've had this baby inside me for nine months and at this point I just want it out of me! I'm constantly tired, I don't get that much sleep anymore, I'm tired of being crabby, and not being able to do anything except eat and try to do work. Thank the gods that my company gave me six months of paid maternity leave.

We've seen Dr. Warren about twice a month since the fourth month, she said last week that our baby was due this week at some point. I hoped it was because as excited as I am to be a mom and meet my baby, I was ready to stop carrying the extra weight. Piper and Jason's wedding was next month so I needed to fit into Piper's bridesmaid dress that we'd chosen together back in November.

Percy hated to leave me alone, he was constantly buzzing around trying be of any assistance I needed. It was sweet, I loved that he cared so much but I was ready to do things for myself now, I hated feeling so useless and helpless. Work wasn't comfortable at all, I could hardly fit into my desk anymore and I felt like a penguin waddling around everywhere. I was a few days past my due date, which pissed me off physically, but mentally for the baby it was good, more fetal development.

It was Wednesday, I was finishing the final plans for the modern house in upstate New York when I felt really wet all of a sudden. My eyes widened and I yanked out my phone and texted Percy in all caps.

Annabeth: IT'S HAPPENING!! GET OVER HERE NOW!

He responded in .3 seconds.

Percy: Coming now!

I called for Jane she appeared in my doorway in no time flat, "yes Mrs. Jackson?"

"Call the St Harvey's hospital, tell them my water just broke and that my husband and I will be there in ten minutes." I wheezed, trying to sound as polite as possible. My water breaking lead to a long contraction which was probably the most uncomfortable thing I've ever felt in my life.

"Yes Mrs. Jackson. I'll call them right away." Jane barked running out of my office. I gathered up my things and waddled to the door. Just my luck, I'd completely forgotten about the stairs after the front door that lead to the sidewalk, a blue Prius was parked on the curb and Percy was sprinting up the stairs towards me. He grabbed my hand and carefully lead me down the stairs as fast as we could go, before driving lightning speed to the hospital.

It took ten extra minutes to get to the hospital because we hit every light and there was construction going on, on the main road to the hospital. As fast we our legs could carry us, we jogged through the hospital and Percy ran up the reception desk and told them in his panic mode that my water had just broke and we had called twenty minutes ago. In no time flat, they rushed me into a room and changed me into one of those paper dress things.

Beads of sweat glinted off my forehead in the fluorescent white lights shining above me. My contractions stopped only for a while until they began again. The nurses were hustling and bustling all over the room gathering blankets, tools and gloves. Percy was making phone calls to our parents, and our friends, all while still holding my hand. Dr. Warren leaned over me and said, "it's time, you've gotta push your baby out now." The nurses gathered at the end of my bed and Percy held my hand.

"You can do it Annabeth, think of meeting our baby and holding it in your arms. If you want that you've gotta push. I know you can do it." Percy's sea green eyes locked with mine which made me relax. I thought of all the times we'd had together, fighting monsters, going on quests, saving the world...twice. Graduating college, getting married, finding our apartment, and now we were here. As soon as this baby comes out we both will start on a new adventure, and I know that whatever life throws at us, Percy will be by side every step of the way.

"I see the head!" A nurse called.

"Yes, keep pushing Annabeth, almost there." Percy encouraged. I hadn't realized I was pushing, I'd been so lost in thought.

I gripped Percy's hand and pushed harder, "there's the upper half of the body, one more should do it." A nurse informed.

"One more, then we get to see our baby, push Annabeth." Percy's voice echoed through my ears. I squinted my eyes shut, gritted my teeth as tightly as I could and squeezed Percy's hand as hard as I could.

Then I heard a cry.

I opened my eyes, the room was fuzzy. Nurses that looked mostly like teal figures were huddled by the sink, Percy kissed my hand, "you did it wise girl."

I gave him a weak, tired smile, "thanks Percy."

"Mr. and Mrs. Jackson, congratulations, it's a boy." Dr. Warren announced, turning around to reveal a blue blanket. My mouth opened wide, and tears filled my eyes almost instantly Dr. Warren made her way over to us and handed me my little boy. The second he was in my arms I beamed proudly and cried tears of joy. After looking at him for only a second I realized Luke was the perfect name for him. I had been skeptical about it, but now, I wouldn't change it or ever have my doubts about it ever again. "Hi Luke." I whispered, kissing him on the forehead.

Luke was the smallest little thing I'd ever seen. He had Percy's nose and the smallest specs of blonde hair upon his head. I was dying to see his eyes, I hoped they looked exactly like Percy's. Luke made a cooing sound which made my heart race, "would you like to hold your son Percy?" I whispered, turning to my husband.

"Yes, please." Percy answered holding out his arms, I handed Luke to him and Percy's eyes flickered tears of joy. "Hi son, I can't believe I waited nine months to hold you, now I'll never let go." I heard Percy whisper into Luke's ear. Luke's tiny little hands squirmed as if he was trying to feel his father. Percy reluctantly handed Luke back to me, within moments after he was in my arms his eyes slowly opened, like he was afraid to see the world for the first time. Luke's head was looking straight up at me and his eyelids revealed beautiful sea green eyes, just like Percy's.

"He's got your eyes Percy." I whispered, leaning into Percy.

"You're right, he does." Percy answered, locking eyes with Luke.

"Jacksons, I hate to interrupt but we are typing the birth certificate, what's his name?" Dr. Warren asked.

I looked up from my little boy and answered happily, "Luke Perseus Jackson." Percy kissed my forehead. I smiled proudly.

I heard a buzzing sound, "I think that's Jason, everyone is outside. Should we bring them in?" Percy asked, not looking at his phone.

"Yeah, send them in." I answered, Percy asked the nurses if he could bring in our visitors. They said he could, and Percy stood up and left the room, leaving me with Luke. I smiled when I heard Percy say from the hallway, "it's a boy."

I heard cheers and footsteps as my big crowd of friends and parents entered our room. I turned to the door and mouthed "hi" to everyone. Sally was the first to enter, "oh look at my grandson, he's absolutely perfect."

I blushed, "thanks Sally, would you like to hold him?" I offered.

"Of course dear." Sally said, extending out her arms. I handed Luke to her and everyone gathered around, awing over him. Percy sat down in his chair next to me, "how do you feel wise girl?"

"Tired but over the moon excited. We have a son Percy, your mom is right he's perfect." I laced his hand in mine.

"And he's ours, I love you Annabeth."

"I love you too Percy. Are you ready for this?" I asked, leaning into his shoulder.

"Are you kidding? I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. But I'm ready for it because you'll be there by my side every step of the way."

I looked over at our families and friends huddled around Luke, Percy was right. I had no idea what was going to happen next, but as long as he's by my side, I know everything will be ok. Welcome to the world Luke Jackson, our adventure together has just begun.