Sneak Peek

A/N: hey guys, so here's a sneak peek of Luke Jackson: My Story. I really hope you like it, and I hope you all continue to read it as it progresses.

Luke's POV

The moisture in the greenhouse sucked the water out of my body. I felt dry on the inside but was a sticky, sweaty, nasty mess on the outside. My navy blue t-shirt clung to my skin and sweat caked my face and forehead. Lauren, Marcus and I were on a quest to kill the rebirth of Medusa, someone everyone thought would never rise again. The greenhouse, more like a mansion with a forest growing inside it, was much too big for the three of us to cover in a big group. We each had split up, in order to cover more ground.

This was Lauren's idea, not mine. I was opposed to leaving her by herself, especially in an unfamiliar place like this one. But I didn't want her knowing that I didn't like the idea. But as usual, she was right, in order to find Medusa as quickly as possible, the three of us had to split up. Still, I was not keen on the idea and I don't know why I hated leaving her by herself, but I just felt so helpless when I knew couldn't protect her. I was never going to let her know that of course because she'd probably judo flip me or kick my ass.

Marcus on the other hand, thought this was a fantastic idea. He claimed that he'd decapitate Medusa with one slash of his sword. So, after some snarky remarks from Lauren and I, we finally split up; each covering a designated area in the giant green house. I uncapped my sword from its coin form, I'd heard a branch snap, "who's that?" I raised my voice.

I waited a second, there was no answer. I pulled out my phone and used the screen to see around the corners, just in case Medusa was planning some sneak attack or something. I heard another branch snap, "Marcus? Lauren? That's not funny, stop it." I said, raising my voice, sounding more confident than I'd anticipated to be.

"Luke?" A deeper voice called out.

"Marcus, where are you? I think she's close by." I called out to him.

I heard rushing footsteps crunching in the gravel path below my feet. I ran down the hallway surrounded with luscious, now eerie green plants and forever frozen stone statues of people with terrified expressions. I ran faster, calling Marcus' name I veered left and crashed into something hard.

"Holy Hades Luke, you almost impaled me! What the hell?" Marcus coughed.

"Sorry man. She's here, I know it." I panted as I stood up and brushed the dirt off my shirt and shorts. I retrieved my sword, Marcus did the same. Marcus and I were quiet for a minute, tension and nervousness filled the air. Something was about to happen, I could feel it, like the calm before the storm.

Then I heard a cry, like a girl yelping. "Lauren!" I shouted.

"Lauren! Keep running!" Marcus and I took off running, weaving through the maze of plants shouting her name.

"Marcus? Luke? Where are you guys!? She's right behind me!" I heard Lauren finally answer. She seemed far away, too far away.

"Don't look back Laur. Keep running, and keep yelling! We're coming!" Marcus shouted.

We made several left turns before Lauren's voice stopped answering our calls. Then suddenly, I heard a panicked shriek, "Luke! Where are you?!"

My heart and legs went into overdrive and it seemed as if I knew exactly where she was. Marcus and I turned a corner and our eyes caught the back of an older women clothed in old rags and fabrics with snakes in place of hair. She had cornered Lauren against a wall and a glass window. "Keep your eyes closed Lauren. We're right here!" I shouted.

Medusa whipped her head around but Marcus and I were too quick for her. "Duck!" I ordered, shoving Marcus aside behind a pillar.

"Luke Jackson, come out and face me" Medusa hissed her s's.

"You'll have to catch me first old lady." I toyed with her, again, sounding way more confident than I'd thought I would.

Medusa roared and Marcus and I split up. I ran back and kicked Medusa in the chin as I sprinted towards Lauren, standing in the corner still squinting her eyes shut. I grabbed her shoulders and said one word before I shoved her to the right, "run!"

Lauren didn't challenge me this time, and she took off just before I felt a cold, unforgiving hand dig into my shoulder. I shut my eyes and I felt my body being forcefully turned around. I felt the small tongues of the snakes in her hair jab into my face, "Luke Jackson, you look just like your daddy. But I want to see your eyes, are they sea green like his or stone grey like your mother's?" Medusa hissed.

"It doesn't matter. Let the other two go," I snarled, still keeping my eyes closed.

"Hmm, hm, I don't think so. I think the girl would make a great new addition to my collection, what do you think Luke?" Medusa asked, in a cruel, scratchy voice. My blood boiled in my veins and my heart rate sped up.

I raised my hand but my sword was gone, "foolish child, you're ignorant like your father." Medusa tightened her grip on my shoulders, pulling me closer to her. Her breath smelled of smoke and fertilizer, a rather strange combination.

The hissing from her snakes intensified as I felt the cold air from Medusa linger over me. I heard footsteps, Medusa must've heard them too because her cold air left my face and I heard a wail. It was a risk, but I knew that sound from anywhere I opened my eyes and watched my best friend turn grey and her sword clatter to the ground.

A/N: cliff hanger, mwah ha ha gotta keep you all on your toes. Please read Luke Jackson: My Story to find out what happens next! Happy Reading!