My Best Friend's Secret

A/N: hey all, so this chapter going to be from Luke Jackson's POV. This is also a three year time skip, Luke is 10 now, Zoe is almost 8, the twins are 6 1/2 and Taylor is 5, but she will start school next fall. (FYI, none of the demigod children have been claimed yet) I've had this idea in my head for a few weeks and I just had to write it down, I hope you guys like it.

Luke's POV

The early morning May air was cool and bright. The blacktop looked like an ocean of kids as my sister Zoe and I stepped off the bus, my little sister was in second grade. She and I rode the bus everyday to school, along with Charlie and Silena who are in first grade.

"Bye Luke!" Silena waved as she vanished into the crowd of kids.

"See you after school Luke!" Charlie ran off to find his best friend Noah.

"Hey! There's Elliot and Sammy, see you later Luke!" Zoe took off towards the boys playing four square.

I scanned the playground for my friends: Troy, David, Ruth, Christopher and Lauren. They were usually by the basketball court, that's what we did everyday during recess, either basketball, four square or some version of tag.

"Luke! Over here!" Troy called out, I waved to him, then dropped my forest green backpack on top of their pile of backpacks and joined my friends on he court.

"Hey guys. Has Lauren showed up yet?" I asked my friends after giving them high fives.

"No, she's not here yet. She's been gone she since Monday, you live on her street, what's going on?" Ruth asked, her legs were quivering from the cold air, she wore dark blue jeans, a red sweater and red sneakers.

"No, I haven't seen her at all lately. I hope she's ok, this is the most school she's ever missed." I said, now more worried than ever about my best friend. Lauren and I have known each other since the first day of kindergarten, and even though people make fun of me for being friends with two girls, it would never change how I felt about her. Ever since the first day of kindergarten, I knew we'd be best friends and I'll never forget it either.

Over a year ago, our teacher Ms. Mack announced that we had a new student this year, who had come all the way from Las Vegas. She introduced Lauren Winters, Lauren wore a jean jacket with an ocean blue t-shirt underneath, jeans and turquoise shoes.

Her light brown hair was curled like my mother's and her eyes reflected the colors of forest green and coffee colored brown blended together perfectly. She clutched a book tightly to her chest, she looked very nervous. She introduced herself in a shy, meek voice before Ms. Mack led her to her assigned seat next to me.

"Luke, meet Lauren, can you show her around today? And let her play with you during recess and sit with you at lunch?"

"Ok, hi Lauren, I'm Luke Jackson." I greeted with a smile on my face and shook her hand.

"Hi Luke," Lauren gave me a small smile, she clutched her book tightly the second we shook hands.

"What are you reading?" I whispered, as Ms. Mack began teaching about the letters of the alphabet.

"Frog and Toad." Lauren whispered back, showing me the cover displaying a frog and a toad neatly dressed sitting on stumps.

"I love that book. Have you read the one about toad in a bathing suit?" I giggled.

Her eyes lit up, "yeah. All the animals are laughing at him because he looks funny in a bathing suit." Lauren snorted, thinking about the short story...