belle: I already messed up

he slams the door in my face and the only thing I can think is shit. I shouldn't have come here. I shouldn't have talked like that. it's my first day back and I already blew my cover. I walk away from the door and take my Phone in my pocket.

I dial the one number of the one person that can help me right now.

'Sophia?' I ask when she answers the Phone. 'yes?' I sigh relieved. 'I think I did something stupid' I feel Sophia roll her eyes on the other side. Sophia has been my best friend for the past two years. she's also a member of The Streets, but she only dances. she's the one who turned me into a badass. she has blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.

'what did you do?' she asks. 'well, you know, I'm supposed to be a shy, quiet, scared nerd and instead, I went to the bad boys house because he wants me to do our project alone and I acted all Beauty on him.' I explain frustrated. 'don't worry. bad boys are usually not the smartest in this world. just act really scared tomorrow and apologize like every single time you see him. He'll think it was just something in the moment and all your problems will be fixed' I think about what she says. that doesn't sound to bad. if I really was this badass, I wouldn't apologize right? Jake probably knows that too. he'll think it is just a misunderstanding. 'you're right! you're totally right. thanks!' I exlaim happily. 'anytime. I have to go talk to you later'

***

'Jake!' I say when I see him standing by his locker. his best friend Luke is standing besides him. great. 'Hey, euhm I just- Euhm- wanted to - euhm- apologize for yesterday. euhm - I'll do- I'll do the euhm project on my euhm own' I say shyly. the whole time I stare at my shoes. I ever fake cry to make this believable. it seems Luke believes the whole act, but Jake looks at me with a determind look. 'sure' he doesn't sound certain, but I walk away fast before he can say anything else. I hope this worked.

I try to focus on my lessons as much as I can, but I just can't. there is so much going on. not only with Jake, but also with The Streets and also my Art Academy. remember? I told you I sing and dance. well, I do it in a school for performing arts. it's on weekends and after school.

al those things really absorbe my time. I really can't do anything else anymore. it's frustrating.

After lunchbreak, Jake and I have ms. Dillis again. When I enter the classroom Jake is already there. Weird, he is the bad boy around here, but when we have class together, he is always right on time. Even before I left this place a couple of years. He always had the best grades, but nobody ever knew. I only know by coincidence. One of his tests slipped out of his bag once. I investigated a little and I found out about his A+ for pretty much everything. I never told him though. He was my bully... Why would I? A hot bully, but nevertheless a bully.

He looks at me with curious eyes, like he tries to figure something out. I drop my gaze to the ground, acting as if I was to shy and ashamed to look at him.

I go sit next to him and turn to him again. 'I'm really sorry. I was really out of line. I don't know where it came from. Please forgive me' I beg. This is not good for my ego, but it is for my cover. Jake shrugs. 'no problem' but he keeps staring at me like he's solving a puzzle. It makes me uncomfortable, but I don't show that. He can't know that I have something to hide. I screwed up enough for one day.

'what do you want this project to be about?' Jake asks me when the class is over. 'I'll do the project on my own.' I say again. Now that I thought about it, I don't even want to work together. 'your place or mine?' he asks like I haven't said anything.

'yours' I sigh. I'm never going to win this. 'I want to do something about the heart' He says all of a sudden. I frown. 'you know, the medical side and then all the stories and symboles and stuff' he continuous. 'that actually not a bad idea. It sounds really interesting' I manage to say. 'great'

***

'I'll come around 8p.m.' I say when I walk past jake. He only nods. Ofcourse. Like he wants to be associated with me. I don't blame him. I wouldn't either.

***
'oh Bella. You were as perfect as always' Ms. Angelica says. She's my dance/music-teacher and pretty much the only person in town who knows I do this. We always work on solo's that I can use for auditions and stuff. She's amazing. She always looks for different ways to combine my dancing and my singing. 'thank you' I say. Today we were in the dance studio to try someting new. We were so busy I lost track of time.

Sh*t! I have to be at jake's in like 5 minutes and I'm on the other side of town. I can't use my motorcycle. It will draw to much attention. Well, that means I have to take a cab.

Sh*t! His going to ask questions. I feel it! I don't like this. My secrets are going to be revealed to soon! Maybe not my biggest secret, but I still don't want people to find out!

What am I going to do?