Belle: it really is him

It has been two days since Jay showed up and my worries faded away. He really is my best friend.

Ofcourse I had to go to school, but he dropped me off and picked me up and we would talk a lot on our way to and from school. He told me so much about childhood and sometimes it even feels like I remember parts of it.

He also told me a lot about his current life and I told him about mine, including the Streets.

We're currently watching a movie on my couch. 'do you want some more pop corn?' I ask.

'yeah sure'

I walk to the kitchen, but before I can do anything, the bell rings. I look at the time, 8 pm. Who could that be?

'I'll get it!' I yell before walking towards the door.

'Jake?' I ask confused when I see the boy standing at my door.

'I'm here to work on the project'

'I told you I'd finish it alone. And besides, I have a visitor, so I don't have time'

'since when does the nerd have friends?'

'first of all, I have a name. And second, since my best friend from my childhood showed up'

Jake looks weird for a moment, but it disappears faster than it came.

'someone actually came back instead of running away from you as fast as possible?'

I roll my eyes. 'bye Jake' I slam the door in his face and walk back to the living room.

'who was it?' Jay asks over his shoulder.

'nobody. They just had the wrong house'

***

Time flies by fast and before I know it, the bell from last period on friday rings. As usual, Jay is waiting for me on the parking lot to pick me up.

'is that loverboy?' I hear a voice ask next to me.

'what do you want Jake?'

'nothing much. Just talk. You know, from nerd to God'

'god?' I start laugh hardly. 'bye jake'

I keep laughing while walking to the car.

'was that Jake Collins you were talking to?' Jay asks. I nodd my head. 'you should stay away from him'

I frown. 'what? Why?'

'he's bad news!'

'I know that. He has been my bully for years'

'than why were you talking to him'

I shrug. 'I only returned a week before you did, Jayjay. I moved away for two years. Things changed. I changed.'

'you changed so much you're friends with your bully now?'

'I changed so much I'm not a pushover anymore. Now he's just some annoying bad boy that likes to get under my skin. He doesn't bully me anymore'

'I don't want you two to talk anymore. Maybe you can forgive him, but I never will' Jays voice sounds really hard and angry, like he's going to do something.

'you weren't even there when he bullied me. Don't be so angry about it' I lay a hand on his arm.

His hands make fists. 'oh I was there when he started bullying you'

'what do you mean Jayjay?' I ask worried. He looks so angry, it's like he's gonna explode.

'you don't remember me, but you don't remember him either.'

'what do you mean?' now I'm really confused.

'the reason you fell down! It was him! He was throwing stuff at you and he took the ladder to shake it. You fell down and he ran! He almost killed you, Izzy. I don't want him near you ever again!'

'what?!' I look at Jay shocked. 'why didn't anyone tell me?'

'Jake always denied it, so it was his word against mine'

I shake my head. This is to much. Why would Jake do that? Is that how he knew the story? He was there to bully me? How can he even talk to me? Does he regret it? Probably not, he kept bullying me, right? How could I be so stupid?

I feel a tear run down my cheek.

'come here' Jay wraps his arms around me and the only thing I can think is: he's going to pay

So here is a new chapter. I'm sorry if it takes me a little longer to publish one sometimes. With school and my archery exams, it's really hard to publish frequenty. I promise the next chapter will follow today or tomorrow.

Don't forget to vote

Comment

And share

If you like this story

Laters babies

Xoxo