belle: what the hell happened

*1 month later*

'Please Izzy. Wake up. They want to unplugg you next week. I don't want you to die. Not again. Please don't leave me'

I try to open my eyes, to remember what happened. I even try to recognize the voice, but nothing works.

I try again and again before everything goes black again.

'Jayjay please come down! I don't want you to get hurt!' I yell at my best friend who's currently climbing a tree. A very big one.

'Don't worry Izzy. Everything will be fine. I just need to get something.' Jake yells back at me.

I swear to god that boy is going to be the death of me sooner or later.

'Aah!' I hear something from the other side of the tree. Sh*t. I don't see Jake anymore. Omg, he must have fell.

'Jay! Are you okay?' I drop to my knees.
'Please don't leave me. I don't want you to die. Please, Jay please'

Suddenly Jake starts laughing and he gets up.

'Jerk!' I yell at him before hugging him tightly. 'Never ever do that to me again'

***
'Isabella, sweetie. There was nobody with you when you fell' I look at my mom with tearfull eyes.

'But I was so sure'

'Maybe it's because you hit your head. Isabella Queen would never hang out with boys'

My mom keeps smiling at me and I look back at her.
Maybe she's right? I just hit my head. I'm too young for boys. I would never talk to one. Boys stink.

I nod. 'Yes, mom'

***
'You're just disgusting. Look at you. Your hair, your face, your clothes. You don't belong here and you never will' Jake tells me.

I feel humiliated. He didn't have to do this in front of everybody, but he did.

I thought going to high school would chance everything. That I would be free of my bullies and start over.

Jake just came to the same high school. I suppose I'll never have luck with these kind of things.

I run away before he can say anything else. I can't let this happen. Not again.

I go inside the girls bathroom. Luckily, It's empty.

I look at myself in the mirror. My eyes are red from crying. My skin is pale. I look like a ghost.

I look down, I can't look at my face any longer. Jake is right. It is disgusting. But it won't be for long.

I'm going to change. I'm done with everyone and everything. I'm leaving this place.

And I will come back stronger than ever.

I look back up. There are no longer tears in my eyes. No, only a determined look is left.

I will show them what I got. I promise.

***
I open my eyes, but close them again because of the light.

'Jayjay?' My voice is barely a whisper.

'Izzy? Izzy? Are you awake?' I feel him hanging over me.

A smile creeps up my face. 'No, I'm just messing with you' I open my eyes once more and look right into Jake's eyes.

Jake looks so relieved. Tears fill his eyes when he cups my cheeks with his hands before kissing me.

'Hey' I whisper when he pulls back.
'Hey' he answers. He cries and laughs at the same time.

'How long was I out?'

'3 months'

I choke. 'What? That's not possible. What about school? What about the Streets?'

I start panicking and Jake grabs my face again. 'Don't worry about it. I've managed everything at the Streets and Sophia and Luke have collected all your homework from the last months. There's still 3 months of school left. You can finish it with a little help'

I calm down and nod at his words.

'I'm going to get a nurse. I'll be right back.'

I grab his hand. 'No, not yet. Stay'

I try to move a little so he can lay beside me.

And he starts telling me about everything I've missed these past months.

No matter what happened in the past. I'll always be glad that I have Jake by my side.