Sakura x Naruto: Get Up

THIS CHAPTER TAKES PLACE IN AN ALTERNATE TIMELINE WHERE SASUKE IS STILL MISSING.

"It's settled, then. Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto will go on a mission. Retrieve Sasuke Uchiha from Orochimaru." Tsunade said.

"Yes, M'lady. We'll leave immediately." Kakashi bowed his head. Team 7 left Konoha after packing supplies.

"Sensei, I'm starving!" Complained Naruto. Sakura sighed, and punched his head. Kakashi continued to read Icha Icha. After 12 hours, they spotted their old comrade.

"Sasuke." Kakashi said as he put his book into it's spot in his vest.

"Team 7." Sasuke said as he jumped from a tree. Naruto threw a kunai, which Sasuke swiftly avoided. Kakashi lifted his headband to reveal his Sharingan eye. Sakura stood there for a few seconds before realizing she couldn't wait for him any longer. He was dangerous and needed to be taken down. She lunged forward to Sasuke and punched him in the gut, causing him to fall back a few feet.

*Time skip because I can't beAR to write a fight scene*

"You're all pathetic. Leaf Village ninjas are nothing compared to the things I can do." Sasuke towered over his former team mates. They couldn't hardly move a muscle. They each used up all of their chakra, and Sakura was very badly wounded. Kakashi had been defeated, too.

"Shut your mouth, Sasuke! We're your home, it's our duty to bring you back." Naruto managed to spit out in his state. Sasuke looked over at Sakura and seemed to have some glimpse of regret in his expression. Sasuke scoffed and jumped away from the scene. Just then, Naruto noticed Sakura slip out of consciousness. Kakashi noticed it, too and felt her pulse.

"It's not there." Kakashi's voice trailed off. Naruto got off the ground and crawled above Sakura's dying body. Tears slipped down his face as he silently cried on top of her.

"Sakura? Sakura! Listen to me, stay with us! You can't die, not at the hands of Sasuke. Not at the hands of anyone.." Naruto desperately cried out as he shook Sakura like it'd bring her back.

"Naruto, stop. She's dead." Kakashi said flatly, slowly getting up off the dirt as well.
Naruto tried to hit him, and Kalashi, who easily caught it.

"So you're just going to give up? Just like that? Don't you remember what you told us, 4 years ago? What you said.. I've lived by it from that day forward.. You said: " Those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." Don't you remember? You're just going to abandon her, just like that?" Naruto said, now crying uncontrollably with Sakura's lifeless body in his arms.

"Naruto! There's nothing we can do?! Stop it!" Kakashi yelled.

"Wake up, Sakura.. I need you.. I love you." Naruto whispered to himself.

A/N: So this is definitely getting a part 2 tomorrow. I cried writing it, have fun doing the same reading it.