Shikamaru x Reader: It's a Date, Then

idea: Reader is a regular at Yakiniku Q. Watches Shikamaru with his teammates. One day Shikamaru is there alone. Reader decides to slide into his booth.
You're a regular at Yakiniku Q, the local BBQ place. You often see a group of ninjas, and one has always caught your eye, a carefree looking one, always seemed to be slumped over, adding his input to whatever they're talking about once in a while. His replies are always short, but intellectual-sounding. If you were being honest to yourself, you couldn't tell if you hate the guy, or if you like him.

Today seemed to be different. He was sitting all by himself in his group's usual booth. After carefully thinking about it, you decide to join him. You slide into the booth across from him. He looked up, and adjusts his posture a little. When he doesn't say anything to you, you decide to introduce yourself first.

"Hey. I'm (y/n) (l/n)." A few moments later he introduces himself, too.

"I'm Shikamaru. Shikamaru Nara. I'm not really looking for company-" I stopped him, receiving a long sigh.

"You seem upset. Usually, you're here with the girl and the two guys." You tilt your head just an inch, waiting for a reply. He pulled a piece of meat from the grill and ate it.

"They're Ino, Choji, and Asuma, my teammates. Asuma isn't around anymore, Choji's on a mission and Ino is sick. It's a drag."

So the girl isn't his girlfriend. That good. What?

"Sounds like a drag. Sorry for your loss."

"He thought me a valuable lesson. Want one?" Shikamaru held out a piece of meat resting on a chopstick.

"Uh, sure." You take the meat with your own chopsticks, and eat it.

"So, you come here a lot?" He asks. You nod your head as you finished chewing the meat.

"Would you like to come here again?" He leans across the table.

"I'm sorry?" What did he ask you?

"With me. It could be troublesome, though." Your eyes were now so wide you though they might slip out of your head.

"Okay, sure." You replied as you attempted to hide the blush crawling on your face.

"This time tomorrow. It's a date, then." With that, he was off to do whatever ninjas do.

A/N: I hate my bus kill me now please. Okay, baiii

~Kade