Chapter 11: "Bippity Boppity Back the Fuck Up"

Madison limped out of Moody's classroom after what seemed like an eternity of pain. Moody had her do flips and cartwheels and she consistently fell on her face and managed to hurt her ankle trying to resist a back handspring. She wasn't looking forward to having to get her mom to send more sweaters because the elbows in hers were ripped and bloody from scraping the floors. She knew she couldn't say, "Oh yeah mom this is from my teacher turning me into a puppet by performing an illegal curse, but don't worry because I'm totally fine!" She knows her mom would make a spectacle of it and she would have to leave and despite how stressful this place was and nightmarish Moody's lessons were, she still loved her friends.

So Madison pressed on, despite the heaps of homework she was given. Professor Mcgonagall explained during her shared lesson with the Gryffindors after the collective groan from the students was particularly loud.

"You are now entering a most important phase of your magical education!" she had told them, the usual fire behind her eyes becoming a blazing inferno. "Your Ordinary Wizarding Levels are drawing closer-"

"We don't take O.W.L.s till fifth year!" Dean Thomas had said.

"Maybe not, Thomas, but believe me, you need all the preparation you can get! Miss Granger remains the only person in this class who has managed to turn a hedgehog into a satisfactory pincushion. I might remind you that your pincushion, Thomas, still curls up in fright if anyone approaches it with a pin!"

Madison could see Hermione's face turn pink, but Madison could feel her own turning into a tomato. She could barely get the hedgehog to transform at all.

Transfiguration was not the only class that was drowning her in homework, in History Of Magic Professor Binns had them writing an essay weekly on eighteenth century goblin rebellions, that Madison couldn't care less about. Charms class wasn't much better given that they had been assigned three extra books on summoning charms. Of course, Professor Snape just wanted to add to their misery by making them work extensively on antidotes and had been threatening to poison someone to make sure their antidote worked. Madison had the slight feeling he would poison her if he got the chance. He seemed to hate her more and more as the days wore on since she was't very good at Potions. Her tiredness seeming to overwhelm her in the dark dungeons. Even if Snape decided to poison her (and she was sure her antidote wouldn't work), then she would be left with no choice except to haunt his ass for the rest of his life. She might even take to nagging him about investing in shampoo.

The thought of being poisoned was not the only horror in her life because in Care of Magical Creatures, the Blast-Ended Skrewts were growing rapidly due to the fact no one has discovered what they eat. It only added to her workload since Hagrid wanted to make a project out of it and have them come take notes. No one in her class had protested out loud, but she had heard he threatened to turn Malfoy into a ferret again when he refused.

The worries of the tournament that had been resting dormant in the back of her mind were awoken when she entered the entrance hall to see a sign had been placed there. Madison had been able to wiggle her way through a small break in the crowd and she could read the sign:

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT

THE DELEGATIONS FROM BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG WILL BE ARRIVING AT 6 O'CLOCK ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OF OCTOBER. LESSONS WILL END HALF AN HOUR EARLY. STUDENTS WILL RETURN THEIR BAGS AND BOOKS TO THEIR DORMITORIES AND ASSEMBLE IN FRONT OF THE CASTLE TO GREET OUR GUESTS BEFORE THE WELCOMING FEAST.

"Only a week away!" Ernie Macmillan said as he pushed through the crowd,standing beside Madison, "I wonder if Cedric knows? Think I'll go and tell him..."

"Cedric?" Madison heard Ron ask blankly, she turned to see the Golden Trio standing a little behind her.

"Diggory. He must be entering the tournament." Harry said.