Chapter 15: "If"

The chill nipped at Madison's cheeks as they stood in lines awaiting the students. She can see the Heads of Houses going up and down their lines, inspecting each student closely. But Madison is growing a bit impatient with the waiting as it was cold and she was hungry. Cold and hungry Madison didn't meld well together as she got grumpy.

After what felt like ages, Professor Dumbledore piped up from his position with the other teachers and said, "Aha! Unless I am very much mistaken, the delegation from Beauxbatons approaches!"

Many students began looking around including Madison and she was very confused, until a student she believes to be a sixth year shouted and pointed to the sky. She looked up and saw a large black shape flying high in the sky above the treeline of the Forbidden Forest. It was hard to make out, but Madison was secretly hoping it would be a flying saucer.

The flying object was not a flying saucer, much to Madison disappointment, but a baby blue horse drawn carriage that looked big enough to fit Madison's home into and have some room leftover. And of course the hordes pulling were huge, practically elephants. "What the hell are those things being fed?" Madison thought to herself as the golden horses crashed the carriage rather roughly on the ground.

Out of the carriage stepped a large woman who was dressed head to toe in black silk and had beautiful opals adorning her neck and fingers. Since the woman seemed to have a nice sense in fashion, Madison was able to forgive her for not having arrived via flying saucer. The woman spoke with the headmaster and she and her students, who were dressed in thin silk uniforms made their way inside as the Hogwarts students awaited the arrival of the other school.

After a few moments an almost sickly suckling sound drew the attention of the students to the black lake. The once smooths surface of the lake had turned into a whirlpool as a ship emerged from the deep pool. Even from the distance, silhouettes of the passengers could be seen as the ship came closer and closer to the castle.

Once the ship stopped the passengers made their way to the castle and from what Madison could see they seemed to be wearing coats made of matted fur. She was wishing she had a coat like that as her robes and cloak were not enough to keep her warm at this point. A man with a goatee and silver hair greeted Dumbledore and soon a young boy was ushered towards the warmth of the castle.

From the light of the castle, Madison could make out exactly who he was despite having not gotten particularly far into the film back home. It was Victor Krum and in that moment she knew Ron Weasley was hardcore fangirling.

****

"Let me guess why you're grumpy."

"I'm not grumpy."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No! I'm not grumpy! I'm just cold and hungry."

"Nice to meet you just cold and hungry, I'm Cedric, but I gotta say your parents should have thought a little longer about your name. It just doesn't roll off the tongue properly," Cedric said with a large smirk.

Madison hit him playfully on the arm before grabbing Cedric's hood on his robe and swiping over the boy's face. "What the bloody hell are you doing?" Cedric asked laughing as he stumbled a bit as he walked.

"Wiping that smirk off your face," Madison said triumphantly before plopping down onto the bench at the Hufflepuff table.

Around them, students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were scattered as they found seats across the Great Hall. As Madison looked up and down the Hufflepuff table she saw foreign faces that made her feel anxious yet excited all the same. A light tap on Madison's shoulder brought her attention to a girl in a Beauxbatons silk uniform standing behind her.