Chapter 21: "Bring it, Weasley."

"Madison! Madison wake up!"

    Madison's body was shaken violently back and forth. She pulled the blanket back and looked up to see a frazzled Blaire standing over her.

    "What?" Madison asked groggily, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

    "You need to get up," Blaire responded, smoothing her bed head.

  "Is there a fire?"

  "No."

  "Is it past noon?"

  "No."

  "Then I don't have to get up, now do I?" Madison said, pulling her blanket over her head. She was comfortable again when suddenly the blanket was ripped back off of Madison and thrown to the floor, a sudden chill settling over her.

  "What the fu-?" Madison began before a visibly pissed off Mallory interrupted her.

  "You need to get up and tell your boyfriend to go away. He's going to get us all in trouble if he keeps yelling."

  Boyfriend? What in the hell was she talking about? Madison got out of her bed and grabbed her sweater. She slipped it on as she padded through the full Hufflepuff common room. Everyone was still in their pajamas as they stood around confusedly.

  Standing at the front of the pack was a ruffled Cedric. He stood there in flannel pajama bottoms and a Chudley Cannons Quidditch shirt. Madison had to contain a giggle when she noticed his hair was sticking out in a million directions.

  "What's going on?" Madison asked. A sudden pounding sounded from the end of the tunnel entrance.

  "MADISON! LET ME IN!" a voice shouted. It took Madison only a few seconds to realize it was Fred.

  "Fred and George have been pounding on the entrance for a few minutes now. They keep asking for you and I don't think it helped that they got doused in vinegar for tapping incorrectly," Cedric said, not quite meeting Madison's eye.

  "WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" Another voice that could only be George shouted followed by more banging.

  "Alright, I guess I'll see what they want," Madison said before walking part of the way down the tunnel. She shouted through the entrance to the twins with instructions on how to get in. When the entrance opened, Madison went back into the common room with her fellow Hufflepuffs.

  When the twins came out of the darkened tunnel and into the bright common room, the room burst into laughter. For the first shot in the prank war, Madison had some inside help in tampering the boy's shampoo and body wash. Their hair was an envious green and their skin was a striking shade of orange.

  Madison was nearly doubled over at the sight of them. "This isn't funny!" Fred shouted.

  "You're right, Freddie. It isn't funny at all," Madison said, regaining some of her composure, "it's hilarious."

  Fred approached Madison closely. She could sleep the strawberries as he leaned in, possibly closer than he did at the ball. "We were going to take it easy. But now it's on," Fred whispered harshly, mischief burning behind his eyes.

  "Bring it, Weasley."

  If Madison looked around, she would see the tense looks on the face of everyone in her house. Some confused by this mischievous side, but others confused about the vibes that radiated from the pair. She would also have seen several people watching Cedric for a reaction. At this point, quite a bit of the house had been putting bets on their relationship. But Madison didn't look around at any of this as she stayed locked in her bubble with Fred.