Chapter 17: The Note

• Shane's POV •

I woke up, a sharp pain in my side, I don't remember much, it's all a blur, I messed up, the one thing I couldn't forget.
"The note," I mumbled,

Dear Ryland,
I'm so sorry, for everything, I'm sorry about that stupid kiss, I'm sorry about staying up late trying my hardest to love you when I knew this would happen, I knew you'd react like this, so I never told you, I could never live with myself knowing I hurt you, and I don't have to, but I will, for you. I wish you knew how much I care for you, I wish you knew the physical pain I feel when I'm not with you, this is driving me mentally insane, I'm so sorry. Life wasn't that easy being alone before, I never had someone to hold, I never had someone I could call my own, I never had someone care for me as much as you did, I've never HAD anything like you, but I loved it. Every moment, every painful and loving moment, Id never change it for the world. Garrett was very concerned about me, he came over yesterday when I was about to pull a 13 reasons why. Now I know I shouldn't do that, now I know I should live for you, as that's what you'd want, at least I think. It hurts to write this knowing you might not care nor read it, but I could care less, if you did love me at one point, you would never leave me here to die. Your different Adams, you really are, I respect that. If you only knew, how much I really do love you.
- Shane <3