Chapter 20: I Promise

"Did ya miss me?" The voice of a god, the voice of the one person Ryland needed right now, already making jokes. Silly of him.

Ryland couldn't move, beside him was a wall, Ryland shifted into the wall, almost fainting, his body went numb, Shane was alive and well, the only thing Ryland wanted to hear.

"Sh-Shane it's you"

"Who else could it be?" shane said, you could tell he was making jokes to lighten the mood, but it wasn't working for Ryland.

"You dumbass! I was worried sick about you! Why did you-" Ryland caught himself, he couldn't make the same mistake, he just couldn't.

"I'm sorry, I mean..." he took a deep breath. "I mean I'm sorry about pushing you to do this, I know you tried it because I-I hurt you and I'm so incredibly sorry, I j-just wish I-I co-could" Ryland stopped, tears came out like waterfalls. Shane gestured his hands for Ryland to hug him, they hugged for a solid minute until Shane pulled away.

"Don't be sorry," Shane whispered

"I'm sorry for putting you threw this," he looked straight into Ryland's eyes, not looking away. "I've missed you," Shane said with a light smile, all Ryland could do wasn't much, but one thing.

Ryland grabbed the side of Shane's face and pulled him close, connecting there lips together gently. It felt like so long for the both of them, you could tell they missed this a lot. The kiss lasted for a few seconds before they had to catch some breath, smiling Ryland sighed.

"I love you"

"I love you too"

"Promise me one thing"

"And that is?"

"Promise me you'll stay"

"I promise"